Friday, 29 April 2016

Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Iced Mocha

Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Iced Mocha, review, beauty, lipstick, liquid lipstick

Gerard Cosmetics is a brand that became a lot more well known due to instagram. Their packaging usually includes a bit of gold which looks sleek in photos but can look a bit tacky in real life, especially their bullet lipsticks. I've reviewed Cherry Cordial and 1995 on my blog. Liquid lipsticks have become quite the 'it' product now and of course they started selling them. I have the shade Iced Mocha but I have my eyes on a few more shades!

Now, when the liquid lipstick arrived, I was quite shocked on how small it was. I'm not talking about the amount of liquid lipstick you receive but the actual size of the tube. As you can see it's such a dainty little thing which weighs next to nothing. It has a frosted tube which does look nice I guess. The lid is made out of plastic and feels like it could break perhaps and to be honest I did expect much nicer packaging as they retail for $20 (£13.75) on Gerard Cosmetics Website and £9.50 on BeautyBay.

Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Iced Mocha, review, beauty, lipstick, liquid lipstick

The lipstick has a doe foot applicator which makes it super easy to apply and doesn't have too much liquid lipstick on the applicator. The shade itself is a muted brown shade which is ideal for everyday as it isn't 'out there' as Kylie Jenner's True Brown K or Jeffree Star's Dominatrix. It does feel the tiniest bit tacky once dried (it dries in 3-4 minutes) but it's nothing too major. It doesn't feel heavy on your lips, almost satin-y even though its dried. It does transfer a bit on cups which sucks because I find that lipstick stains are the hardest to remove from glass cups. Nevertheless it is a pretty good liquid lipstick, not amazingly good but good enough for me to like. I have my eye on 1995, Everything Nice and Cher next!

What's your favourite brand for liquid lipsticks?

Nazia xo

Join me! | Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr |

No comments :

Post a Comment