Tuesday, 2 February 2016

January Favourites ♡

This month went by so ridiculously fast that it feels like December only just started and we were all waiting for 2016. This month I had some definite favourites.

                                    january favourites, monthly favourites, favourites,

The first two were the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer (£25) and Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer (£25)I use the former to blend out any excess eyeshadow as it's basically the same colour as my skintone and I use the latter to contour with as it's the perfect shade for so! Another Too Faced product I love is the Better Than Sex Mascara (£19) This mascara is very wet and can easily clump but it definitely does coat every lash making them look thicker and longer than usual! Two primers I have been loving is the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer (£25.50)I have combination skin, where my t-zone is extremely oily whereas the rest of my face, i.e. my cheeks, are quite normal. I use this primer where my skin is fairly normal and it definitely makes my foundation apply a lot smoother. Benefit Stay Don't Stray Primer (£20.50) is quite a dry eye primer which I much prefer as my eyelids are super oily. My eyeshadow lasts all day when I use this primer so I highly recommend it if you have super oily eyelids! My all time favourite lipstick is MAC's Taupe (£15.50) which I fell back in love with this month. I can just apply it so effortlessly without a mirror which I love. An amazing product that I found way back in November was Freedom Eyebrow Pomade (£5) This lasts all day and once its' set, it's not going anywhere at all. I literally use the smallest amount as a small amount goes a long way. Urban Decay is a new brand that I ventured into last year and their Eyeshadow in Riff (£14) is the most beautiful shade ever! It's a very very warm brown, with slight orange hints in it and has a shimmer running through it. The shimmer doesn’t translate to much on the eyelids, which I prefer as I love my matte shadows. I’ve been obsessed with this colour ever since I’ve bought it and have been wearing it non-stop. This shade looks beaut if you have a tan too (which I have 24/7 lol). Zoeva's Cocoa Blend Palette (£15.50)The shades 'substitute for love' and 'freshly toasted' are my favourite shades as they're very 'me' shades. 'subtle blend' is a gorgeous bronze-y shade which I have been loving all over my lid too. The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light (£38) (which is in my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette £56) is the most perfect setting powder. It creates that glow from within which just looks absolute beaut!

                                    january favourites, monthly favourites, favourites,

A week or so ago I had a chest infection which meant that my skincare routine was not on point but I realised that with me doing the minimum skincare bits, my skin actually improved which I totally didn't expect. Due to this, I have gone back to my basics. I remove my makeup with Garnier Micellar Water £4.99This removes my makeup without leaving any residue. Next I use Alpha H Liquid Gold £15 for 50ml. This is the best! I can totally see why this is a cult classic because it definitely does help your skin! Backstory to my skin - I have had cystic acne now for nearly three years and this has help improved it drastically within the past month. I should've picked it up sooner. I pour some onto a cotton pad and then dab it all over my face. It has a chemical-like smell but the smell fades once its on your face. I do this every other night and it definitely has helped it! Now, onto some makeup brushes! As mentioned here, I bought myself some (read: a lot) of new makeup brushes; some of which have quickly become my favourite! The first is the Zoeva 106 Powder Brush £11.50. The handle is on the smaller side but this means that it can fit into my makeup bag, which is a win-win situation for me as I have oily skin and so have to have a powder brush on hand. The bristles are loosely packed which allows my powder to distribute evenly without looking 'caked on'. The Zoeva 102 Silk Finish Brush £11.50 was the one that I was looking forward to the most and I definitely was not disappointed! This so effortlessly blends your foundation without leaving any streaks. I'm so tempted to buy a back up of this so I can use it when the other one is dirty lol. One that I forgot to take a picture of was the Zoeva 107 Powder Polish Brush £14.95. This is a larger version of the 102 brush, and so I love using it to blend out my foundation without putting any excess foundation on it. I feel like this removes any excess foundation too, allowing my foundation to look a lot more skin-like (well as skin-like the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation can look like lol). I love me some angled brushes so it was only natural that I'd fall in love with the Zoeva 127 Luxe Sheer Cheek Brush £11.50 and the B. Beauty Blush/Contour Brush £8.99. I use these two interchangeably to contour with! These kind of brushes, alongside round top kabuki brushes, will always have a special place in my heart. For blending any harsh eyeshadow lines, my three favourites have been the Zoeva 228 Luxe Crease Brush £6.95, Zoeva 231 Luxe Petit Crease Brush £6.95 and the Real Technique Duo-Fibre Eye Brush, which is part of the Duo-Fibre Collection £19.99. These three brushes are the best for blending by far! Ecotools Correcting Concealer Brush £4.99 is my go-to brush for blending in my eye primer (Benefit Stay Don't Stray). It just blends it so fast and effortlessly!

What have you been loving this past month?

Nazia xo

Join me! | Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr |

No comments :

Post a Comment