Monday, 18 January 2016

First Haul of 2016

Hello to my second post of 2016. It's been a while mostly because I used to blog in my free tim from university but now I have work and do uni work on my free days so I'm quite busy. I'm going to try to post at least three times a week, or every weekday if my schedule allows.

It's only right for me to write a haul post as that's what I have been doing in the little free time that I have. The first time item I received was from my lovely secret santa! I'm still yet to use this but the Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette in Strip is beaut. Now, this is one of those items that I wouldn't have picked up myself but would use if I got it if that makes any sense lol. It contains a bronzer, highlighter and blush and I'm very excited to use the latter two. I picked up Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original which I'm yet to try but will report back when I do! I have heard nothing but great things about this primer, so I expect the very best. Their Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Blush in Rapture is one that was an impulse buy and I'm glad I picked it up! The packaging is so sleek and very unlike the traditional Urban Decay packaging and the colour itself is very me. I've been using Urban Decay's Eyeshadow in Riff every day for just over a month now and decided to order their Eyeshadow in Beware too which is a grey-toned brown eyeshadow. From one of my (NARS) I picked up their single Eyeshadow in Persia which is a neon orange colour. I love wearing orange-toned brown eyeshadows and I know that I'll definitely be getting some use out of this by using it softly. Another eyeshadow primer I picked up was Benefit's Stay Don't Stray Primer for Eyeshadow in light/medium. This is the best eyeshadow primer I have ever used (apart from Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Creamy Beige.) This dries very matte on my eyelids, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it if you have dry eyelids but if you suffer from oily eyelids, like me, this will be the best thing that has ever happened to you. My eyeshadow lasts all day, even when my face is turning into a oil-slick pan at work. Speaking of Color Tattoos, I picked up a few more in Creme De Nude, which is very yellow based, and Creme De Rose, which is very pink based and is a dupe for MAC's Painterly Paint Pot. I'll be using these as bases for my eyeshadows, as usual. Make Up For Ever is finally available at Debenhams and I picked up myself their Step 1 Skin Equalizer Mattifying Primer and their Mist and Fix Make Up Setting Spray. I'm still testing these out so I don't have a verdict on them yet.


From MAC I picked up their Studio Fix Powder in NC42 and NC41 and some lipsticks. Now, I know these all may look the same in the tube but I promise you they're not! Viva Glam III is one that I bought last year but sold as I didn't like the colour but I'm ready to give it another go. Paramount and Verve are two that I have been wanting to pick up for ages but never did and I finally bought a back up of my all time favourite nude, Taupe. I have a tiny stub of it left which I was trying so hard not to use because I didn't want to have to use a back up but now I can because I have a spare Taupe!


Now, it was only right that I bought myself some brushes too. I feel as if I have enough to last me a whole lifetime now! I bought the majority of these brushes on half price during the January sales, so I can totally justify it a bit lol! The first set I picked up was EcoTools Complexion Collection which are such a pretty set of brushes! In the set are the Mattifying Finish Brush which I used to set my entire face with the Hourglass Dim Light, the Skin Perfecting Brush which would be ideal for foundation, the Eye Perfecting Brush, and the Correcting Concealer Brush which I use to apply and blend my eyeshadow primer with. The Real Techniques' Expert Face Brush is my favourite brush to apply foundation with so I bought myself a back up of it, alongside the Stippling Brush as I wanted to try it out. I also bought two of their sets when it was on for half price! I was the most excited for the Duo-Fiber Collection and so I was a bit disappointed to see that I was sent the new packaging version as I really wanted the monochrome black and white version. Nonetheless the actual brushes are great to use. It contains a Duo-Fiber Face Brush which is the exact same as the one in Nic's Picks which I also own. The Duo-Fiber Contour Brush is a bigger and broader version of the Contour Brush in the original line in the Core Collection. The last brush in this set is the Duo-Fiber Eye Brush which has quickly become one of my favourite brushes. I use this to slightly buff out any harsh eyeshadow lines and to flick away any excess eyeshadow. This is such a multi-task eyeshadow brush. The next set I picked up was the Travel Essentials. The brush I was most excited for in this set was the Multi-Task Brush which I use mostly for powder. I'd liken this brush to the Powder Brush, as it reminds me of a much smaller version of it, and the Cheek Brush from Nic's Picks but a much broader version of it. The Domed Shadow Brush is basically the perfect brush for packing on eyeshadow and last brush in the set is the Essentials Foundation Brush. This is a much thicker version of the Foundation Brush in the Core Collection. Even though I like using both paddle brushes and buffing brushes for my foundation, I think I'd only use this brush for my foundation if I had a lot of time on my hands as this brush is quite small for me to do my entire face with. Now, the next brush is a brush that I've been wanting for quite some time now. B. Blush/Contour Brush is the most perfect brush for contouring. It's an angled brush and I learnt how to contour using a brush that was very similar to this!

I did a splurge on some Zoeva brushes which I have been lusting after for what feels like years but is actually half a year lol. I bought 107 Powder Polish Brush which has quite a big head. I love using these kind of brushes for foundation so I will definitely get use out of this brush. The other single brush I bought was the 221 Luxe Soft Crease Brush which is super soft and fluffy. I obviously picked up the Zoeva Rose Gold Brush Set! The brushes are even more pretty in real life. I'm the most excited to use the 102 Silk Finish Brush as, as I said before, these kind of brushes are my absolute favourite for applying foundation with. The 106 Powder Brush is less dense than I thought it would be and would be perfect for topping up my powder throughout the day as I have the most oiliest t-zone ever. In the set are also the 110 Face Shape Brush, which is basically a smaller head version of the 102 Silk Finish Brush, 142 Concealer Buffer Brush, 127 Luxe Sheer Cheek Brush as I love these brushes for contouring and I can never have too many of them, 227 Luxe Soft Definer Brush, 231 Luxe Petit Crease Brush and 317 Wing Liner Brush. I also bought the Rose Gold Volume 2 Brush Set as a girl can never have too many brushes lol. Another version of my favourite type of foundation brushes is the 104 Buffer Brush. I own the mini NARS ITA Brush, so I was quite excited to be receiving the 109 Luxe Face Paint Brush in this set to see how it compares as I just hate having to wash the mini ITA Brush as it's just so damn tiny. I know I will definitely be using the 126 Luxe Cheek Finish Brush for blush, as it's just the perfect size for blush. In this set, I also received the 228 Luxe Crease Brush, 234 Luxe Smoky Shader Brush, 226 Smudger Brush, 322 Brow Line Brush and a repeat of the 317 Wing Liner Brush. I will definitely be posting a review of these brushes after I've used these for a while so keep any eye out for that too!


What have you been buying this month?

Nazia xo

Join me! | Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr |

No comments :

Post a Comment