Wednesday, 6 January 2016

2015 Beauty Favourites

This year has gone by so fast; it feels like it was only yesterday that 2015 had just started. This year definitely was the year that I ventured out more in the world of beauty and some quickly became my favourites.


2015 beauty favourites

M A K E U P

I cannot praise Makeup Revolution's Radiant Lights enough! They highlight without it being too much (think 'glow from within') and they're perfect for beginners. I have the shades Glow and Breathe and my personal favourite is Breathe; you just can't go overboard with this highlighter as it's quite subtle and is more of a powder-highlighter hybrid in the sense that it still looks very natural, even when overdone. Urban Decay is a new brand that I ventured into this year and their eyeshadow in Riff is the most beautiful shade ever! It's a very very warm brown, with slight orange hints in it and has a shimmer running through it. The shimmer doesn’t translate to much on the eyelids, which I prefer as I love my matte shadows. I’ve been obsessed with this colour ever since I’ve bought it and have been wearing it non-stop. This shade looks beaut if you have a tan too (which I have 24/7 lol).

Soap and Glory is also another brand that I dabbled into this year and I'm glad I did! One Heck Of A Blot Powder is a must-have for any oily-skinned person as it mattifies and blots your skin without it looking powder-y. Another powder I've been loving, and range I've been meaning to try out for quite some time, is Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder. This mattifies your skin too and I'm currently obsessed with this! I love this paired with their Stay Matte Primer, as both help to combat any oil-liness and shine-ness I usually get within a few hours. Another Soap and Glory product I love is their Supercat Eyeliner. It took me a while to get used to it as I've been using liquid eyeliner ever since I first started wearing eyeliner. But once you get the hang of it, it's super easy to use. It dries matte too and lasts all day which is really good considering that this eyeliner costs £6.

Foundations-wise, Estee Lauder's Double Wear Foundation is the best, in my eyes, for oily skin. This foundation is very liquid-y so you do have to work fast with it. But I love using it with Real Technique's Expert Face Brush, which will always have a special place in my heart. However, once it's set, it'll stay put until you remove it! This is the most long-wearing foundation I have ever tried.

I discovered Jeffree Star through Instagram (the power of social media) and instantly fell in love with his liquid lipsticks, in particular the shade 'Androgyny' but it turned out to be limited edition so I purchased two of them. He recently announced that this shade will be made permanent for next year which I can't wait for! I have the limited edition packaging which I love but enough of all that kerfuffle because the outcome of this liquid lipstick on my lips is the shade that I wanted when I bought some other lipsticks alike and they turned out to be too light for me. Think a dusty rose shade that suits medium to dark skintones too. I love this shade and I'm so glad Jeffree Star decided to sell this particular shade.

Now, if you know me in person you'd know that I think MAC is overly hyped up (a hype that I bought into at the beginning of this year) so it seems quite contradictory that four of their lipsticks are in my beauty favourites. I find it quite hard to find nudes that are suitable for me. Some are too dark, whereas others are too light and this frustrates the eff out of me. When I become even more tanned in the summer, most of my nude lipsticks don't suit me anymore and the struggle is real. Besides the point, the MAC have some lipsticks that do suit my skintone but I do believe that they charge way too much. The first is Taupe which I've nearly finished. I've started using my other lipsticks now as I don't want this lipstick to finish. This is the perfect nude for my skintone and I looooove this. It's labelled as a matte but definitely is not a matte, more of a cremesheen. This lasts about an hour on my lips which sucks but with Maybelline's Hydra Extreme Lip Liner, it lasts 5-6 hours. The name of the lip liner is kind of ironic as it's far from hydrating but rather the opposite - matte as anything. The other three are Amorous, Persistence and Whirl!

A product that is definitely worth the hype is Maybelline's Leather Effect Color Tattoos. I use the shade Creamy Beige and it's only after using them for a year, that I've hit pan on it! I use the color tattoo as a base for my eyeshadows as I have oily eyelids and this makes sure that my eyeshadow doesn't crease and stay put all day, even during a cheeky nap! Freedom Eyebrow Pomade is one that I purchase a month ago and I loooove it. I put off buying Anastasia's Brow Pomade as it's £15 and if the colour didn't suit me or I didn't like it then I would have wasted a lot of money. I have the Freedom Eyebrow Pomade in Dark Brown which I feel is a bit light for me but it's nothing brow gel can't fix. Once this post runs out/dries out, I'll definitely purchase it in the next shade up which is Ebony. This costs just £5 and I'd highly recommend it to everyone!

My go-to mascaras this year have been Maybelline Lash Sensational and Essence I Heart Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara. The Maybelline mascara has short bristles on one side, whereas the Essence mascara only have short bristles which I feel help in making my lashes look longer and thicker.

About a month ago, I bought the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Palette and am so obsessed with this palette. Mood Exposure is the perfect blush shade for me and I use Diffused Light to set my undereye area. Dim Light is the perfect powder to set your entire face with as it just makes your skin looks a thousand times better while still looking like your skin! Another favourite blush of mine this year was NARS Deep Throat which is in my Virtual Domination Palette. This is a gorgeous coral-ly pink shade with some gold shimmers running through it and it would look beautiful on all skintones.

What were some of your beauty favourites of 2015?

Nazia xo


Join me! | Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr |

No comments :

Post a Comment