Monday, 21 December 2015

Some Makeup Bits



This past month I have been treating myself, and picking up a few bargains (mostly the latter). After this mini haul, I will be going on another makeup ban until January so I can save my pretty pennies unless I happen to go into a Tkmaxx by chance obviously.

The first product I picked up was the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Palette. This retails for a hefty £65 so I had to make sure I definitely wanted this and was going to use this. I read countless of reviews on this stating that the palette was really smaller but to be honest I found it a lot bigger than I expected it to be. This may have been because of the reviews I had been reading that I had expected it to be teeny tiny. Temptalia’s detailed review included some calculations which showed that the palette wasn’t worth it money-wise. This meant that you were paying more than the actual palette is worth. I was all for this and decided to buy the blush palette and lighting palette together when I realized that the blush palette was limited edition to last year and so I couldn’t buy it. I bought the palette from Space.NK and it arrived in a few days. The shades have a lot more shimmer than I expected them to, but this doesn’t translate to the skin as much, thankfully. So far, I have used the pale yellow shade on the top left (Diffused Light) to set under my eyes and my eyelid and it’s been doing great. Another shade I’ve been using from the palette is the blush on the bottom right (Mood Exposure) which is such a beautiful shade and one that would suit most skin tones. I would say that this shade is a muted berry shade. I’ve yet to use the other shades but will report back.

 This time, as you can see, I was on an eyeshadow spree (I didn’t even realize this until I took the picture). A bargain I picked up from Tkmaxx was this NARS Eyeshadow in Grenadines (I can't find this eyeshadow on NARS website so it may have been discontinued) – would you believe this cost me a tenner, saving me £8! Now this eyeshadow definitely is teeny tiny but the pigment is definitely there so it would last quite a while. It’s a raspberry shade which looks beaut on the lids and can double up as a blush too! Grenadines blends like a dream, and I’ve even ordered myself another eyeshadow in Persia! For my birthday I ever so kindly received Urban Decay’s Naked Basics 2 Palette which I love, and on Black Friday FeelUnique had the Naked Basics on sale so I obviously had to pick it up and I’m so glad I did. I can see why this palette is so raved about as the colours are so wearable and blendable. Another eyeshadow I have seen raved everywhere about was their shadow in Riff. This is a very warm brown, with slight orange hints in it and has a shimmer running through it. The shimmer doesn’t translate to much on the eyelids, which I prefer as I love my matte shadows. I’ve been obsessed with this colour ever since I’ve bought it and have been wearing it non-stop. My sister recently gave me a Makeup Geek Eyeshadow in Cinderella (which are all stocked in beauty bay, by the way). This isn’t a colour I would have picked out myself as I tend to go for matte or shimmery bronze-y shades. Nevertheless, I can see myself reaching for this colour as it’s such a pretty colour which translates to just shimmers on my eyelids. I’m sure that on lighter skintones, this eyeshadow would have an actual colour pay-off but I kind of like how it shows up as just shimmers on my skintone. The last eyeshadows I bought were Make Up For Ever’s Shadows in M738 Auburn and M664 Fawn. Auburn is a red-brown shade, whereas Fawn is a orange-brown shade which compliment each other on the lids. I love how the pans are a lot bigger compared to other brands as you can see in the picture. These shadows blend like a dream too.

I own Too Faced’s Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer but it’s so close to my skintone (NC42-44) that there isn’t much pay-off to be seen so I use that for muting down and cleaning up any eyeshadow that I might be wearing. Too Faced’s Chocolate Soleil Bronzer was on sale in Debenhams on black Friday so I obviously had to buy it and I’m so glad I did. This gives the most subtle contour whilst still looking natural and chiseled. Even so, I don’t know how I managed to contour with this product. Lastly I picked up two of Jeffree Star’s Liquid Lipsticks in Androgyny which is the most perfect dusty rose shade. This was originally limited edition, hence the packaging, but due to demands Jeffree announced that he will be making this permanent next February – I can’t wait!

What makeup bits have you been buying recently?

Nazia xo

Join me! | Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr |

No comments :

Post a Comment