Saturday, 17 October 2015

Soap and Glory's One Heck Of A Blot Primer

I obviously had to jump on the bandwagon and had to share my opinion on this primer to you. For reference I have a very oily t-zone, that instantly becomes oily when exposed to the sun for more than 5 minutes, 'normal' cheeks and dehydrated undereyes but that doesn't matter as I rarely, if ever, put primer or foundation on my undereyes as they're so sensitive.

Soap and Glory's One Heck Of A Blot Primer, Soap and Glory's One Heck Of A Blot Primer review, Soap and Glory's One Heck Of A Blot Primer oily skin, Soap and Glory's One Heck Of A Blot Primer oily skin reviewI own the powder version of this product and love that! I do think it's worth the £12, as expensive as that might be for a drugstore product, as it's lasted me well over 9 months. As I completely adore the powder, I really wanted to pick up the primer and foundation version. Unfortunately for me, Soap and Glory only released four shades in the foundation and the darkest shade was still too light for me so I didn't bother wasting my money on that. So in went Soap and Glory's One Heck Of A Blot, into my basket, alongside some other bits and bobs.

To be quite frank, I'm not at all impressed with this primer. Alarm bells should have been ringing in my head when I read reviews of people with dry skin stating that they loved this primer. Surely if this primer mattifies your skin and keeps it oil-free, it shouldn't work alongside dry skin? I can say that this primer definitely does not work with oily skin. My T-Zone got oilier even quicker, which is quite hard to do to be honest, so it didn't exactly keep me oil-free but rather quite the opposite. It did lengthen the wear time of my foundation on my 'normal' skin. 'Normal' here meaning that it's neither oily nor dry. The formula of the primer reminds me a lot of Wilkos Prime Of Your Life Smooth Light Reflecting Primer, which is at a fraction of the price and I'd much more recommend to you.

Have you tried this primer? What's your opinion on it?

Nazia xo

4 comments :

  1. This stuff sounds great! I've seen a few reviews saying this is amazing but the foundation and powder are rubbish actually. Might well give it a go!

    Misia xx | gowashyourface.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must prefer the powder to the primer to be honest, but the primer might work for you so it's well worth a try!xx

      Delete
  2. OMG! You didn't like it?!? That makes me sad but obviously if it didn't do for you what it promises then that's a shame. But I'm in love with the stuff. I've thrown out my primer wish list as I do believe I will only ever be purchasing this one ever again ;)
    Totally a shame about the foundation shades, because it is rather excellent. And I agree about the powder...it is sublime.
    Sal xxx
    UmmBaby Beauty ¦ @ummbaby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sucks that I didn't like it but my sister has dry skin, so I think it might be better suited for her skin type. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect primer still lol xx

      Delete