Thursday, 8 October 2015

So I Broke My Spending Ban...

I broke my spending ban this month. Well, not so much as 'broke it' as I ended it, per se. My spending ban started on 2nd August and ended on 5th October and I'm quite proud of myself, even if I do say so myself! I never knew I could last this long to be honest.

broke my spend ban, haul, drugstore haul, cheap haul, drugstore products, makeup, beauty


I've mentioned before how much my old laptop was breaking and how the wifi card was very weak, and so was very inappropriate for me as I do do a lot to things online and I've started uni so I needed a laptop of some kind to do my work and assignments on. I finally bought myself a new laptop which is the Macbook Pro and, while it did take a while for me to get used to the new software, etc. (I'm constantly google-ing how to do things to a macbook), I'm very glad I chose to buy it. I purchased it from Argos and have about 6 months to pay it off as my sister has an Argos card (benefits of having a sister) so this appealed to me even more as then it would be a lot easier for me, as a student, to buy a new laptop.

The first shop I actually went to (as I bought the laptop online) was Boots. Boots has got to be my all-time favourite shop as it has a vast range of brands and offers, and their loyalty card is the best. The first thing I picked up was the Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Penetrating Oil, this was on offer so I saved a third off which was even better! I remember a few years back watching an American YouTuber use Organix products, her hair was so healthy and to die-for but unfortunately Organix wasn't available widely in the UK then. The bottle is also super cute and dinky!

L'Oreal was having 3 for 2, so I picked up their Infallible Mattifying Base Primer, which I'm super excited to try out. I also picked up their True Match Powder in D3-W3 Golden Beige. Since I have oily skin, I'm always on the lookout for the perfect powder for my skin. I received their True Match Concealer in 4 Beige for free as part of the offer. The stand I went to next was Soap and Glory. I really wanted to get their Kick Ass Powder but it was out of stock, so I picked up a back up of their One Heck Of A Blot Pressed Powder, as mine is almost finished. A new release of theirs was the One Heck Of A Blot Primer which I was also very excited to pick up. Soap and Glory also had the 3 for 2 offer so I picked up their Super Cat carbon Black Extreme Eyeliner Pen, for free, as it's been raved about so much in the blogosphere and because my eyelashes have had a sudden growth spurt or something as whenever I apply eyeliner, I keep on getting eyeliner on my lashes now (ah, the cons of having long eyelashes). As I'm constantly using (read:stealing) my sister's Carmex, I decided to pick up my own. I've found that the tube ones work much better than the tub versions, but they don't last as long. I've been really into wearing fake nails recently, so I picked up some nail glue. Nailene Ultra Precise Nail Glue has quickly become my favourite, as it definitely does 'stick' the nail to your real nails and makes it feel super secure. I think I might purchase some more of these when this one finishes. I also picked up Elegant Touch Firm Hold Nail Glue, which I hope is as good as the first nail glue I mentioned. Nailene 200 Full Cover Nails in Oval was also picked up. These are quite short, so would be perfect for every day. Finally, from Boots, I picked up Broadway Nails 2Step Kit in Long Natural Square. I can't find the link to these online, but they definitely do sell them in-store. These are super, long. I naturally have quite long nails, but I don't think I'd be able to handle these to be honest. As they're crazy long (in my opinion), I'm planning on wearing them for my birthday. I think I might have to cut them down a bit though, or at least shape them.

After Boots, I continued my shopping spree in Superdrug. They had a buy one, get one half price deal on Rimmel products so I picked up a few. I've been wanting to try out the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer so I finally picked one up. A lipstick I was after was the Shade 107 in the Kate Moss Collection, but this was out of stock so I settled on their Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder in 001 Translucent as an oily-skinned girl can never have enough powders. I picked up a back up of my Professional Eyebrow Pencil in 004 Black Brown, just incase mine finished soon (even though I still have half the pencil left, lol). It took me three years, but my eyebrows are finally where I want them to be, so I very lightly fill in them and set them with a brow gel. As I very lightly fill them in now, the pencil lasts forever! I also picked up an Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in 064 Obsession, which I cannot wait to use!

Finally I made my way to my Wilkos and headed straight to their Essence stand (mostly because that's right near the door). Both of my sisters use either their I Heart Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara or their I Heart Extreme Waterproof Volume Mascara as I love the way these two look paired together. Last week, I saw a fellow blogger's snapchat story where they used the Gel Nail Polishes and their nails looked crazy good. I picked up 48 My Love Diary, which is such a weird name for a nail polish. It's Essence's colour of the year, which is a gorgeous nude-y mauve-y pink colour which is very on trend. I will definitely be wearing this shade on my birthday. 10 True Love is a deep cranberry red, which is a perfect colour for Autumn (not that that stops me from wearing dark colours all year around). I also picked up two clear polishes in 01 Absolutely Pure as I currently don't have any clear polishes.

Phew, this was a long post and thank you for still reading if you still are. I've recently made a clothes haul too, so let me know if you'd like me to post that.

What have you recently bought?

Nazia xo

Disclaimer: I'm not super rich, if that what this posts makes me seem like. I bought all of this with my maintenance grant which is supposed to be used for living expenses but oh well.

10 comments :

  1. carmex is such a good lip balm! looks like you got some lovely things:-) are those false nails any good? i'm in need of some more soon!xx

    emjbarker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend the broadway nails over the nailene ones as they seem much better xx

      Delete
  2. Ive never gone on a spending ban even though I definitely should! although I don't think it would last long at all!
    P.s. I have that Rimmel Sty Matte Primer and I love it!

    http://www.chloedanielle.co.uk

    -xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought I'd get this far either tbh! I can't wait to use the rimmel primer xx

      Delete
  3. I'd love to see a picture of the nails when you have them on! I had a bit of a Boots haul myself last week and picked up the new Soap and Glory foundation to try with their primer! The primer feels so nice but I'm still getting a little oily round my nose even with it on!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might post a picture on my instagram when i have them on. I tried the primer on tofay and it didn't last me long either which is quite disappointing considering the price xx

      Delete
  4. I love those Broadway nails - I've all but given up on growing and nurturing my own weak, brittle ones since discovering them, they look so natural and are so easy to use I just don't see the point in not using them!
    I'm planning to start a spending ban soon, I have way, way too many products already!
    Misia xx | gowashyourface.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I naturally have quite long and thick nails but I like wearing fake nails as it feels so much different than not wearing any. I can't wait to try them though.
      A spending ban is one of those things that gets easier with time. Before I knew it, I was saying no to buying products simply because I wanted to, not because I had to xx

      Delete
  5. You got some amazing stuff! I love the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer!

    New follower!

    A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I can't wait to try out that primer. Thank you for following me!xx

      Delete