Saturday, 10 October 2015

Born Pretty Store Blush* ♡

A few weeks ago when Born Pretty Store contacted me asking me to review some of their products, I obviously jumped at the chance as they're basically the eBay of beauty products. I was quite amazed at how affordable the products were, and their quality. Once I chose the products, they arrived to me in about a week, which was very fast!

The first product I chose was their Kiss Kiss Girl Color Blush in No. 01*. It retails for $8.76 which is about £5.72 which is a very good price for a blusher, in my opinion. The blush is currently retailing for $3.99 so you can get 54% off! This translates to roughly £2.58. The amount of product received is a whopping 7.5g, which will surely last a long time. The packaging of the blusher is beautiful. I love the design of the box and the minimalist packaging of the blush itself.


The packaging of the blusher is very MAC-esque, when compared to the old MAC blush packaging (which I much prefer to the new packaging), even down to the label on the bottom of the blusher. I also love the black packaging of these blushers as they look much more chic and elegant than they already are.



In the packaging itself, the colour of the blush is a pale, barbie-pink shade with some white in it too. The way the colours are arranged in the pan reminds me of a cheetah print. This particular blush has some shimmers running through it, which translates into glitter on the skin. On my medium-dark skin tone (NC41/42/44), the blusher doesn't suit my skintone as much as I'd like it to. The colour pay-off is quite okay, but could do better. It looks much more like a highlighter on my skintone than a blusher, but on lighter skintones and paler I can see this blusher to be a more gorgeous pink colour. The blusher lasted about 5-6 hours on my combination skin.


I didn't realise, until I used the blush, that you can lift the blush up to reveal a mirror and a small brush. This reminds me much of Soap and Glory's Kick Ass Concealer, the way you lift it up. The mirror is small, but you can just about manage to apply your blusher using it. The brush included is also quite small, but this is because it has to be small enough to fit into the little compartment. I'm not sure what the bristles are made out of, as it doesn't state what the material is on the website. However the bristles feel synthetic, but this doesn't necessarily mean that the bristles are definitely made out of synthetic hair. The bristles feel soft to the skin, but not as soft as Real Technique brushes. The brush isn't cut to a straight edge, which does bother me slightly.


The lovely people at Born Pretty Store gave me a code so you can save some money with. Use the code NAZH10 to save 10% on your order.

Nazia xo

11 comments :

  1. Looks lovely! The packaging is great too, I love when budget brands manage to get the product *and* the packaging right :)

    Misia xx | gowashyourface.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they managed to get both of those bang on xx

      Delete
  2. The blush looks very pretty, it's a shame that doesn't suit your skin tone as much! The brush looks a bit weird and cheap to me! Xx

    riitamacedo.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely does look pretty and it was such a shame it didn't suit my skintone. I agree that the brush does look very cheaply made, and the product could have down without the brush to be honest xx

      Delete
  3. That blush is really gorgeous - I definitely love the packaging but also that slight crack of highlight in it must be gorgeous when worn! Lovely post and blog xx

    www.iridescentplaces.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete