Wednesday, 9 September 2015

MOTD #1



I've come up with a new 'segment' that I'd like to follow on through on my blog. This MOTD (makeup of the day) was actually worn yesterday, but no one needs to know that, right?! I know I have a double chin in the photos, but I guess that's life and we're all adults here (or teenagers). I've realised that my makeup looks much better when I take the photo in a mirror, which I don't like to an extent. Nevertheless, it did take me about half an hour to put this on, and I did end up putting on a heavy load of highlighter by mistake, which does sucks but I was secretly digging it to be honest.

To start off with, I primed my face with Nivea's Replenishing After Shave, which I wrote tonne more deets on here, and Makeup Revolutions I Heart Makeup No Shine Please Primer specifically on my t-zone. I then used LA Colour Cover Up Pro Concealer in Pure Orange on the lower portion of my face and blended this in with a flat-top eyeshadow brush. It did resemble a orange beard at this point, but the reason for doing so was to colour correct that area otherwise it has a tendency to turn grey after I applied my foundation. My foundation of choice, for the past month or so, has been Estee Lauder's Double Wear Foundation in Spiced Sand which I applied with a round-top kabuki brush, which I mentioned more of here. I blended this all in with my Primark Beauty Blender to ensure I had no streaks on my face, which I don't normally do with this brush but I just wanted to be on the safe side. I applied my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 35 Deep and blended this out with the beauty blender too. I then set my entire face with Maxfactor's Professional Loose Powder in Transculent with a Real Techniques' Blush Brush, as this brush is way too big for me to use for blush. I then set my face with Urban Decay's Long-Lasting All-Nighter Setting Spray.


I decided to set my face (very lightly) with a Primark's Kabuki Brush, using Laguna from NARS Virtual Domination Palette, which I reviewed here. I bronzed up my face with NYC's Smooth Skin Bronzing Skin Powder in Sunny which is the only shade in the range with the Real Technique's Contour Brush, and contour my face with the same brush but with the contour side of the Sleek's Face Contour Kit in Medium. Now, this was the part where I changed it up (for once). Using my setting brush, which I bought from eBay and is reminiscent of Real Techniques and is also the best brush for highlighting, I used the highlighter side from the contour kit but it was way too much for my skin to handle. So I went on top with Makeup Revolutions' Radiant Lights in Breathe and Exhale, which is what I usually use. My current blush at the moment is NARS' Deep Throat, which I mentioned a dupe for at the bottom of this post here, with the brush that was made truly for blush, Real Techniques' Blush Brush,


I lightly filled my brows with Rimmel's Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Black Brown and brushing through this with a spoolie brush. I set this with Rimmel's Brow This Way, as I'm currently trying to finish this. I decided not to put any eyeshadow on and instead did a small flick with my Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner in black. I curled my lashes using eyelash curlers I buy from my local chemist for a pound and used Maybelline's Lash Sensational and Miss Sporty's 24hr Pump Up Booster Mascara. I decided to do something different this time, as I wanted my brown eyes to 'pop' so I lined my waterline with Soap and Glory's Smoulder Kohl in Noir Black and set this with Rimmel London's Mono Eyeshadow in Jet Black with a Real Technique's Eyeliner Brush. Finally, I lined and filled my lips in with Sleek's Eua La La Liner in Lingerie and MAC's Whirl Lipstick which creates the most gorgeous pink-mauve hybrid colour on my lips.


What makeup product do you wear everyday?

Nazia xo

6 comments :

  1. You look so pretty!! Omg that highlighter though!!! :o all I could think of was "I woke up like this. Flawless" hahaha :)

    Dorky-and-weird.blogspot.com

    Xoxo Jessy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! You're ever so kind xx

      Delete
  2. you look lovely! ive wanted to try the real techniques brushes for so long now! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/09/holiday-workouts-for-when-you-cant-get.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I definitely recommend RT brushes, they're the best xx

      Delete
  3. love this, your makeup looks absolutely gorgeous!
    http://yasminanicole.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete