Tuesday, 4 August 2015

Wilkos Premium Brushes


Since eyeing up Wilkos Premium Brushes, I just knew I had to buy some. What caught my eye was that these are very like Real Technique Brushes, colour-wise. The black and orange packaging is very like their base brushes. Despite these being premium, the price tag isn't as eye-watering as others, i.e. No7, so these can be purchased on the lowest of budgets.

The first brush I brought was the Stipple Brush, which retails for £4. Despite it being a stipple brush, mine says foundation brush on it which is weird. I did check my sister's brush and the others in the store, so it seems like only my brush says that. The bristles are really spread out, so much so that it's actually quite hard to stipple in my foundation with this brush unless the foundation is very lightweight like Rimmel's Wake Me Up. With thicker foundation, this doesn't stipple the foundation in no matter how long you spend trying to do so. I love using this brush to brush off excess powder off my face as it's really good for that and is very soft so it won't scratch my face.

A few months ago, I purchased the Foundation Brush, which also costs £4. I really like paddle foundation brushes but only if they're slightly on the thick side as I feel that this helps the brush blend the foundation in more and less likely to create streaks. The reason I brought this brush was because I really wanted the Louise Young LY34 Super Foundation Brush, but that costs a hefty £24 which I can't justify. I'd say that this brush is a good dupe for the Louise Young brush, but a bit on the small side. I love this brush for foundation as it blends it in so well and quickly, without any streaks.

I have washed both brushes numerous times and neither have shed (and hopefully won't in the future) and both are as soft as they originally were. I love how they have a flat 'bottom' as then it's easier to stand them if you were to.

Have you tried Wilkos Premium Brushes?

Nazia xo

8 comments :

  1. I'd never heard of these brushes before this post, I will make sure to check them out if I get the chance xx

    Emilys Beauty Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, such a shame about the stippling brush! I've never heard about these before but they sounds quite decent for their pricing!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shame but it can double up as a powder brush xx

      Delete
  3. I have tried the foundation and concealer brushes from this range and I love them so much! They are so great for the money x

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/olivia-redfern-14068335

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never tried the concealer brush, i may have to check that out soon xx

      Delete
  4. Great reviews! I think the stipple brush could be good for applying a light dusting of bronzer perhaps? :) I have the powder brush which is huge and great for blending everything out and applying a light dusting of powder. I also have the blush brush which isn't really the ideal size for blusher tbh, I tend to use it with those really light shades of blush or a formula which is silky and doesn't pick up too much like the essence ones.
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! I'm currently using that for powder. Thanks for reading xx

      Delete