Wednesday, 12 August 2015

NARS Lip Gloss In Istria ♡

As mentioned in this post, my sister recently bought NARS Blush Lip Contour Palette and gave me the mini lip gloss that came with the palette.


The lip gloss shade is Istria which is a pale pink. In the actual tube, it appears to have some shimmers running through it however this isn't visible once applied. There is 4ml of product in the tube, which is quite a hefty amount as the actual size in a normal tube is 6ml, so a lot is received in this tiny tube. I visited a NARS counter last Friday and found that I actually prefer this smaller tube than the larger, normal size. This is probably because it's smaller and so much cuter, but also because I don't really like the packaging of the normal tubes. If I was to pay £19 for a lip gloss, then I am very bothered by the packaging.


The lip gloss has a doe foot which very much helps the process of applying it. The colour, once worn, is very sheer so I prefer wearing this over a lipstick. This does only last about 1-2 hours, which isn't much considering the price you'd pay for a normal tube so I wouldn't actually buy another tube. But saying that, I would be pleased to receive this as a present. The lip gloss, itself, has a very plastic-y smell to it but I don't really care for the smell as it can't be smelt once it's worn. 

Now, I'm very much a lipstick person and rarely, if ever, wear lip gloss. The only lip gloss I have found that works for me is Revlons Super Lustrous Lip Gloss as it's not sticky whatsoever. But that lip gloss is nothing compared to NARS lip gloss. This feels so silky on my lips, almost like oil but not oily (as if that makes sense). I love how this lip gloss makes my lips feel and it makes them look bigger which is also a plus in my books.


My final thoughts on this lip gloss is that, whilst I do like it, I would never go out of my way to buy a NARS lip gloss. However, having said that, if I were to receive it as a present then I'd be pleased with it.

Have you ever tried NARS lip glosses before? What's your thoughts on them?

Nazia xo

4 comments :

  1. I'm so jealous, this lip gloss looks beautiful! It's a shame it didn't work perfectly for you :( xx

    www.anenglshrse.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does look beautiful but it sucks that it doesn't work beautifully xx

      Delete
  2. I've been tempted quite a lot by NARS but never gone there due to the price. I'm so shocked to hear that it doesn't wear long, smells cheap and you don't get the full colour. For a high end brand, you'd expect more! Perhaps darker colours would be better. Great review, it's so good hearing honest opinions! xx
    ELEANORMAES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I just love how NARS products look really sleek. To be honest I was shocked too, considering the fact that the original would cost a lot. True, darker colours may have better pigmentation and thank you!xx

      Delete