Thursday, 13 August 2015

Mens Aftershave As A Primer?

As mentioned in this post, I've recently been trying out Nivea Men Replenishing Post Shave Balm in Original as primer. I got the idea after watching NikkieTutorials use this. I read a few reviews on this and found out that this technique works best on oily skin so I'm not sure how it'll work out on people with dry skin. 


The one Nikkie uses is Sensitive, as that version is the best. However, Superdrugs doesn't stock this (I think?) so I bought the Original version. The reason this is supposed to work as a primer is because it has glycerin in it, which makes your skin tacky just before it dries completely, so you're supposed to apply your foundation when it's tacky to get the best result. I waited about 30 seconds and then applied my foundation.

I was quite surprised as to how liquid-y this was - it's very thin. I use a flat top brush to apply this with as I find that the easiest method. I just stipple this into my skin and then apply my foundation about 30 seconds after. This does have a strong but I like it. The smell does go away after about 5 minutes so there's no fear of smelling like a guy after. After this, I just apply my makeup as per usual. In my opinion, this smoothens the appearance of my skin, making it look better. 

I wore this to wedding on Saturday and I had my makeup on for about 7 hours. The actual wedding hall was quite small so I was sweating quite a lot, but still my makeup looked just as good when I get home, perhaps even better! 


I would recommend this to all my oily skin gals as it does help control the oils as I didn't get shiny at all!

Have you tried this technique? What did you think of it?

Nazia xo 

5 comments :

  1. I've never heard of using a technique like this, so interesting! I have dry skin so I don't think this would work for me. Very interesting! :) x
    ELEANORMAES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor did I before I came across her channel. I'm not sure how it would work on dry skin but it might just!xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds interesting! I'll try anything that promises to keep oil at bay!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea, sounds so interesting. definitely need to try it out as I have slightly oily skin. thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete