Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Contour On A Budget ♡


Contouring is a trend that has exploded in the blogsophere this year. The point of contouring is to accentuate your cheekbones and enhancing your features. It can also make your face look a lot slimmer!

I, personally, contour my cheekbones and my jawline on a daily basis. To do so, I have been using a brown shade that's 2-3 shades darker than my skintone. Generally you're supposed to use a cool-toned brown colour but you can get away with a warm-toned brown as long as it's not so warm that it's on the verge of making you look orange.

My all-time favourite is NYC's Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder. As it's a bronzing powder, it's very warm-toned. This shade, I'd say, is a warm version of my actual skin colour which I prefer as then it's easier for me to contour with, without go over the top. I started out using this powder and have been through two of these within the past two years. I've only just recently hit pan on this.

Another product I use is Sleek's Face Contour Kit in Medium. I've been using the contour side for about a year now but am yet to touch the highlight side. As you can see, this is very much loved by me and I have already hit pan but to be fair, it did take a year to take pan which is great value for money. This is very pigmented so a little goes a long away so I wouldn't suggest this if you were just starting out with contouring.

I recently used my sister's Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer. Whilst I do think the packaging looks quite cheap in my opinion and I really don't like the smell of chocolate on it as I feel that it's a perishable product even though it's obviously not, I do have to admit that it does live up to its hype. The shade she has is Medium Deep which is slightly cool-toned, but not as cool-toned as Sleek's. I might be tempted to buy this, once both of the products, I mentioned before, finish.

What products do you use to contour with?

Nazia xo

6 comments :

  1. I love using the NYX powder blush in Taupe to contour, it's the perfect cool toned colour! I really love the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil too :)

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to buy that but it seems wayy too light for my skintone xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the NYC Smooth Skin one I swatched it yesterday in Superdrug and it feels so nice! My favourite is the Makeup Revolution Ultra Contour Palette (I've just written a review on it!) it's amazing!!
    Mary-Ann xx
    Angel Flicks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The NYC bronzer definitely is worth it as it's super cheap. I keep on hearing about that palette and makeup revolution is my favourite brand too!xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh I'll definitely have a look for the NYC bronzer :) I love the Sleek Face Form kit which is really similar to the one you have though I definitely agree it's best for a more dramatic evening look xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it definitely is more suitable for the evening. I tried the highlighter side today and loved it!xx

      Delete