Monday, 31 August 2015

August Favourites ♡

This month has gone a bit slower than others, but it was definitely a good month even though I did reconcile with a past friend of mine who I'm still secretly cautious of. One thing I definitely had a lot of, was favourite items.


A lipstick I cannot stop using/talking about is MAC's Taupe Lipstick which is the perfect nude for darker skintones. I've been using this non-stop the past month and I've already used up half of it! I did a review on this lipstick here. I have finally found a concealer which is my actual skin colour and it's from the drugstore which I absolutely love about it. I am absolutely obsessed with Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer in 30, this has nearly taken holygrail status from my Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer even though I've only been using it for about a month or so. My brother recently gifted me NARS Virtual Domination Palette which I reviewed here, and it was so obvious it would appear in my favourites as I have been talking about this non-stop on my blog. I have a love-hate relationship with Laguna but I love applying it with eBay's Dupe of Nars Yachiyo Brush which I talked more about here. Deep Throat is also another blush which I have love applying, but on the days where I have to do my makeup quick, I've just been swirling my brush in all the blushes. The Real Techniques' Contour Brush is in my favourites again, for the second month running. I just love how this subtle-y contours without making it look heavy-handed. I mentioned here about how I purchased some brushes from eBay and they finally arrived midway through last week! I have been loving the Setting Brush for my highlight and the Stippling Brush for applying powder on my t-zone. I will definitely be writing a review for these soon so do keep an eye out for that!


I have also been loving this Sleek Makeup Bag which my sister got for free for ordering some Sleek makeup from Superdrugs a few months ago. It is the perfect size for me as then I can't take too much makeup for me (which I always do) so I'm made to only take the essentials. Garnier's Micellar Water has been reformulated and I love this formula so much more, though not the packaging as much. The new formula takes off my mascara effortlessly, which I absolutely love. Superdrug's Detoxifying Dead Sea Mud Mask is one that I have been using for my pores, especially on my nose and chin and this has definitely helped me out a lot this month. I have been using Boots Exfoliating Face Scrub every day and this has helped my skin so much. I only read, about a few days ago, on the back of the tube that you should be using this once a week but this isn't as extreme for my skin so I'm okay with using it every day but I wouldn't suggest that for those with sensitive skin. My brother bought me Rihanna's Reb'l Fleur Perfume about two months ago, and whilst it isn't a smell I would usually go for as it's really fruity I do love using it and have been using it non-stop! As mentioned in my LUSH haul here. I picked up the Mask of Magnaminty which I have been absolutely loving and their New Charity Pot which is a Hand and Body Lotion which has helped my dry hands recently. Finally, I have been loving Wilko's Fake Nails. These are the ones with the glue. I painted them a deep purple colour and they last sooo long, even with me washing up and the nails coming in contact with water every day. I removed them by placing my fingertips in warm to slightly hot water and peeled them off and they still refused to come off which resulted in me nearly ripping my own nails off, ouch.

Almost forgot to mention, but I've also been watching Once Upon A Time this month on Netflix which I've nearly finished the first series of in a week! I cannot stop watching this, alongside The Amazing World Of Gumball which is my current favourite TV programme.

What have you been loving this month?

Nazia xo

1 comment :

  1. Nice favourites! I've been living the NARS dupe brush too and been getting a lot of use out of it this month!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete