Monday, 20 July 2015

Topshop Makeup | Brand Focus



Until near the end of 2014, I didn't know Topshop sold makeup, I thought they only sold overpriced clothes. I remember watching Becca Rose’s makeup collection video and, she had hoarded some Topshop lipsticks that were limited edition and I realised that their makeup must be good if people were buying multiples of a lipstick.

My first makeup purchase was a Mini Matte Lip Bullet in Get Me Bodied which is a gorgeous deep berry colour. The pigmentation is excellent. With just one swipe, a very opaque colour is given. Since this is matte, it does last about 4-5 hours supposing you don’t eat/drink that is. My next two purchases were their Lipsticks. I have the shades Wicked, which is very similar to Get Me Bodied but with a red undertone and is a satin finish, leaning a bit on the matte side; Inhibition is a deep burgundy colour with purple undertones and is a matte finish. These lipsticks have ah-maaazing pigmentation and last about 4-5 hours too. I love wearing these colours as it gives me so much confidence.

My sister bought the Highlighter in Horizon, which they don’t unfortunately sell anymore, however I do believe that they bring this particular highlighter out every so often. Since it didn't suit her skintone as much as she’d like, I bought it off her. With a massive 6.5g of product and being very pigmented, this highlighter is sure to last a long time. As it has a very distinct golden colour, this would be better suited to those with a tan or a deeper complexion. This highlighter lasts all day so there is no need to top up your makeup – but honestly who tops up their highlighter anyways.

I bought a Lip and Cheek Stain in Bitten Berry for a mere £1 as it was on sale in Topshop. i can't find a link for this online so I think they've stopped selling this too. I honestly cannot find a way to wear this product, so I definitely will be binning this and won't be recommending this to anyone. My sister bought their Kohl Pencil in Coal which I have tried a fair few times. Now, I know you’re not meant to be sharing makeup and that but she’s my sister, obviously I’ll be using her makeup from time to time like all sisters do. I really despise this Kohl Pencil. I wore it on my tightline as eyeliner doesn’t last long on my waterline and this transferred from my tightline onto my waterline. This was the first time any eyeliner has ever done that and it completely shocked me as I really didn’t expect that. As mentioned in this post, I bought a Lip Liner in the shade Deception which is a tad lighter than Topshop’s Lipstick in Wicked. These two would be the perfect pair together! This dries matte and lasts about 3-4 hours without any eating/drinking.

What products do you like from Topshop’s makeup range?

Nazia xo

8 comments :

  1. These look like such great products! I haven't tried anything from top shop... :\ those lipsticks and the highlighter look beautiful! :)

    Dorky-and-weird.blogspot.com

    Xoxo Jessy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their lipsticks are such good quality, even better than MAC in my opinion and would definitely recommend them xx

      Delete
  2. Such a nice selection of products, that highlighter is huuuge!
    I do like the Topshop makeup range but I mostly stick to the nail polishes - they're great!!

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is massive, probably will last me a lifetime lol. I've never tried their nail polishes tbh even though I've been tempted to, i might just buy some next time xx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried any product from Topshop because unfortunately there isn't a store where I live and it would be way too expensive if I had to order it from another country! I'd love to try the lipstick though xx

    riitamacedo.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw that sucks, i hope they sell it there soon xx

      Delete
  5. I love Topshop makeup! And they do still sell the highlighter in Horizon, they don't sell Sunbeam anymore.

    ReplyDelete