Sunday, 19 July 2015

The Sunday Edit #1


I've decided to make a new series on my blog, where I basically talk about my week and essentially just ramble on (as if I don’t do that enough anyways). This will be a place for my thoughts and weekly happenings etc.

E A T I N G

I've been baking a lot this week. I found this recipe here on how to make jam tarts so have continuously been making some. As I have a sweet tooth, I add about 5-6 teaspoons of sugar to the dough and it’s so unbelievably delicious especially with strawberry jam. I've also been having wayyy too many samosas and kebabs but that’s the perks of Ramadhan, I guess aha. Since Ramadhan finished this past week and we celebrated Eid yesterday, my mum bought an abundance of juice, specifically Rubicon’s Mango. I haven’t had this in a while and I’d forgotten how good it tastes; I've been having it non-stop now.

B U Y I N G

I've done some shopping this week so do expect a 'recent purchases' soon. I got a few bits and bobs for Eid and ended buying some additional things that I apparently didn't realise I wanted until I saw them! My sister brought Zoeva’s Cocoa Blend palette and it’s even more beautiful in real life! The colour ‘freshly toasted’ is the perfect soft orange-brown hybrid and I'm so tempted to buy my own. Speaking of eyeshadows, I've been experimenting with them some more. I've found a new technique of wearing them that allows it not to crease on my super oily eyelids in this hot weather of an excuse that England currently has.

C H A N G E

I dyed (well, my sister did) my hair last Wednesday. It’s a lovely deep purple colour which I love! I originally started dying my hair because it’s naturally super dark brown, almost brown and I hated it as in the summer my hair would look greasy even though it wasn't and I felt as if my hair colour wasn't me which is ironic now because my hair looks black now but goes purple in the sunlight. Nevertheless I love my hair colour the way it is now.

Talking about change, I recently watched Em Talks' 'You Look Disgusting' video and it made me sad to think that people would say such disgusting words to her. It showed me that no matter how much someone changes themselves/their appearance, there will always be people who will hate/criticise them so there is no point in trying to please them.

W A T C H I N G

As mentioned in this post, I've been watching Rachel Leary’s youtube videos and it makes me jealous of her blending skills. Her makeup looks are always flawless and only makes me wish I could do my makeup as good as hers.

Nazia xo


6 comments :

  1. I love the style of this post!! It's really cute and interesting! I too have been baking this week, but its brownies not tarts!! Great post, much love, Lydia Eve - www.mydaisychaincloset.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i love baking but brownies, not so much xx

      Delete
  2. Those Rubicon drinks are so delicious! They remind me of my childhood as well, my Mum always used to buy them for me :) I've been wanting to change my hair colour recently as well, it makes you feel like a new person having a fresh colour!

    & a belated Eid Mubarak :)

    Kat | www.kathorrocks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep they are so delicious, aha i do feel like a different person now with my new hair and thank you xx

      Delete
  3. I love your blog design! Just saw your blog today and fell in love with it! It's so cute, loved this post! I understand your feeling about ramadhan, haha all that lovely food for iftari! It felt quite weird going back into the eating habit because of all the fasts! It's abit late, but eid mubarak!

    Hope to speak to you again

    Faye X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Aha yeah the food tasted soo much better at iftari lol. It does feel a bit weird but you kinda get used to it after a while and thank you xx

      Delete