Wednesday, 29 July 2015

The Gold Edit ♡

the gold edit

the gold edit

Last time I was talking about my beloved bronze colours here, and now it’s the turn for golden products. I sometimes (read - occasionally) buy products for their packaging and if it happens to be gold, then the likelihood of me buying it increases instantly!

The first is Maybelline’s The Nudes Palette. Despite not having gold packaging, the fourth shade on the top row is a beautiful gold colour. It’s not metallic-y nor glittery, just a plain, good, old, gold eyeshadow with some shimmers running through it.

L’Oréal’s Lumi Magique Stylo Touche De Lumiere obviously takes its inspiration from YSL Touche Eclat. It has beautiful rose gold packaging, looking sleek and gorgeous. I have the shade ‘medium’ which is an off-white colour. This colour is way too light for my skincolour but I use the slightest amount and blend like a b*tch so it’s not as noticeable. This sets super fast so I have to work quickly otherwise I’m stuck with some white lines on my face – definitely not a good look!

Gerard Cosmetic’s Lipstick in Cherry Cordial is a beautiful deep red colour which I reviewed here. The packaging reminds me of MAC lipsticks but these look so much sleeker due to its metallic gold packaging, but it does get dirty/smudges easily which sucks.

Next is a drugstore item which won’t break the banks. 17 Eyeshadow in Chalice is a yellow-toned gold which has no glitter, just shimmers. This blend effortlessly to a slight sheen so I like to build up the colour as to my preference as I like wearing it all over my lid.

I recently bought L’Oréal’s Colour Riche Eyeshadow in 500 Gold Mania which is a much more intense version of 17’s eyeshadow mentioned just before. This blends so easily and feel super soft. When blended, it isn't as sheer as 17’s eyeshadow, which I like. I absolutely love the packaging too, it may have closed the deal when I deciding to purchase this. I featured this here.

Milani’s Baked Blush in 01 Dolce Pink is, what I’d say, a blush-highlighter hybrid. I use this sparingly as I don’t want to achieve a clown’s level of blush. It has very fine glitter in it that isn’t at all noticeable and look more like shimmers. The packaging is gold and so so so beautiful. I don’t like how bulky the packaging is though as it’s an awkward size so it doesn’t fit in my shallow acrylic drawers, only the deep ones.

A golden highlighter I love is Makeup Revolution’s Radiant Light in Glow which is an iridescent gold colour. Less is definitely more as it’s quite easy to over-apply and look like a glitter-ball (i.e. what I did about a month ago). This is more like a soft colour as it has very, very slight pink tones to it. Nevertheless this still looks gorgeous worn. I also love the packaging, it looks so sleek but it does get dirty easy which sucks.

What golden makeup products have you been wearing recently?

Nazia xo

6 comments :

  1. I'm not a huge fan of golden makeup, I think it's not that great on me but I've been absolutely loving Kiko's Water Eyeshadow in shade 208 Light Gold. Using it dry for mainly highlighting my face but like it on the lids as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister has that and its such a beautiful colour xx

      Delete
  2. That L'Oreal Gold Mania eyeshadow looks amazing, such a pretty shade and I am in love with the Makeup Revolution Radiant Lights Powder, I have the palette with the 3 shades and I seriously use it everyday without fail x

    Beauty with charm | Zoeva Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use them every day too! I love mixing glow and exhale together. I purchased mine when they were on sale for £1.86 each!! Xx

      Delete
  3. The colour riche eyeshadows are amazing!!! I love the texture of them!
    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same and the pigmentation is soo good xx

      Delete