Saturday, 25 July 2015

The Concealer Edit

I've only recently started using concealers and this isn't because my skin is perfect as my skin is definitely far from perfect but because I didn't really see the point of it and to be honest I still don’t. I only use concealer to conceal my undereyes which are hereditary. If I try using them on my actual blemishes and spots, it puts more attention on them as I can’t find any concealers dark enough for my skin (except for one) (sad times). 

Soap and Glory’s Kick Ass Concealer, LA Girl’s Pro Conceal in Warm Sand, Rimmel’s Wake Me Up, L’Oreal’s Lumi Magique Stylo Touche De Lumiere, Maybelline’s Instant Anti-Age The Erase Age Perfect and Cover Conceal, Maybelline’s Fit Me Concealer in the Shade 35 Deep, Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer


The first ever concealer I bought was Soap and Glory’s Kick Ass Concealer in the shade Medium. I wish I bought this in light as that one has a salmon concealer and a skintone one, whereas the medium concealer only has 2 skintone concealers. Nevertheless this is thick and is very full coverage so will cover anything and everything. It also has a powder which I don’t use all the time, but it’s quite good.

After that I bought LA Girl’s Pro Conceal in Warm Sand which is quite pink so I like using this under my foundation as extra coverage. This is probably the most heavy duty concealer I have – it’s full coverage, is super creamy and doesn't creasy whatsoever.

The next two concealers were given to me by my sister (I honestly think half of my makeup collection was given to me by my sister aha). She didn't like Rimmel’s Wake Me Up nor L’Oreal’s Lumi Magique Stylo Touche De Lumiere. Rimmel’s concealer is my favourite concealer. I love this thing. Whilst it is very light and shimmery, I personally think that this helps conceal and brighten my undereye area. I have this in the shade Soft Beige. The L’OrĂ©al concealer is in 2 Medium and is white. This contrasts my skin so much but I do love it for brightening up my undereyes too. This one sets really fast so I blend and work with it very quickly. These two concealers don’t crease at all, even without setting them.

Maybelline’s Instant Anti-Age The Erase Age Perfect and Cover Conceal is one of the most hyped up concealers in the blogosphere. I have this in Nude which is extremely light for me. I really do hope drugstores start producing their foundations and concealers for people who are very pale and darker, as it’s such a pain for me to buy the darkest colour in the foundation yet it’s still light for me. This concealer isn't full coverage but more medium coverage. It’s super easy to blend though. I rip the little sponge off as it soaks up the concealer so wastes it. This creases soooo much. I will set this and it will still crease and this annoys me sooo much; this is definitely one of my least favourite concealers.

Maybelline’s Fit Me Concealer in the Shade 35 Deep is one of my newest purchases. This is supposedly the dupe of Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. This concealer is super creamy and thick, so gives full coverage. I haven’t tested this out yet so I'm not sure whether it’ll crease or not but I hope not, fingers crossed. UPDATE: I used this the day after I wrote this post and it definitely did not crease on me. Also, this concealer is my skin colour. I have finally found a concealer that matches my skin and this makes me very happy!

What are your favourite concealers to use?

Nazia xo

7 comments :

  1. My favorite concealer for the longest time was Mac studio fix... But these past weeks, I've been wearing the revlon photoready concealer and I love it!!! It's really light but provides a good amount of coverage :)
    I'm soo afraid of buying the Rimmel concealer cause the sparkly thing kind of freaks me out... Hahahah :p

    Dorky-and-weird.blogspot.com

    Xoxo Jessy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about those concealers and i really want to try revlons photoready one. It is sparkly but i find that this helps brighten my undereyes, it doesn't necessary conceal anything though xx

      Delete
  2. Soap and Glory Kick Ass concealer is my favourite! I also love The NYX HD concealer! Really want to try the LA Girls Pro concealer now too, I love a good high coverage concealer!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how thick it is and conceals everything. I really want to try nyx's concealer but i dont know of any stores/sites that sell it xx

      Delete
    2. I got mine on very.co.uk but I just checked and they don't seem to stock it anymore :(

      Delete