Friday, 24 July 2015

Recently Rediscovered #1


Since I’ve developed a tan (curse you, the one hottest day in England ever), I've found my Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation a bit too dark for me. Due to this, I've been wearing my L'Oreal True Match Foundation and have fallen head over heels in this foundation. The shade I wear, in my opinion, is one shade too light but this foundation blends seamlessly so it’s not obvious. It dries satin but more on the matte side which is heaven for me as I have oily skin. I still set this foundation and it lasts about 6 hours which is not bad for my oily skin ;). I' ve been trying to find a new primer as my current one has been reformulated (I think?) as it no longer works for me which sucks. I remembered that I owned Wilkos Kiss Prime of Your Life Soothing Light Reflecting Primer, which is everything that GOSH Velvet Touch Foundation Primer used to be. The name can be slightly misleading as it doesn't exactly reflect light but I prefer this due to my oily skin. This primer makes your skin look super smooth and so soft that I often wonder why I stopped using this.

I've been more of the ‘less maintenance’ for my brows recently. I still groom them, I just spend less time filling them in as I'm more of the natural brow look. I've been loving L'Oréal’s Brow Stylist Plumper as it fills them in with fibres making them look thicker and much better effortlessly. This doesn' t make your brows ‘crispy’ which can easily happen. I haven’t worn eyeshadow out, since January I’d say, as my eyelids are wayyy too oily for that and since it creases instantly I don’t see the point of wearing it. This was before Maybelline’s Color Tattoo in Creamy Beige entered my life. This is supposedly a dupe for MAC's Paint Pot in Groundwork which I don't own. Using a small amount of this, I apply some onto my eyelid using my ring/index finger and blend using a brush. The key is to not apply too much or too little as then it won’t crease. This lasted me over 12 hours (I took it off after 12 and a half) and lasted through a mini nap I had! I featured this colour tattoo here. I blend this out using Makeup Revolution’s Mono Eyeshadow in Mocha Love which is one of my favourite eyeshadows at the moment. This is my current eyeshadow look at the moment which lasts all day!

My love for MAC’s Taupe Lipstick has been rekindled. I have a love-hate relationship with this lipstick; I love how this doesn't wash me out and is the perfect nude for my NC44 skintone, however it’s super creamy even though it’s matte and doesn't last long without a lip liner and it makes my lips soo dry after I've taken it off. I reviewed this here. I like wearing this with Essence’s Lip Liner in 05 Soft Berry. This isn't a lip liner I've rediscovered as much as I've been wearing this nonstop since November/December 2014 (wow, stuck in a routine much) but I do like how this looks paired with the lipstick, making it slightly darker.

What have you recently rediscovered?

Nazia xo

4 comments :

  1. I bought recently the L'Oreal True Match foundation and I absolutely love it, it gives good coverage but it looks so natural on the skin and lasts well as well, my favourite at the moment :) x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it how it covers imperfections but looks super natural at the same time too xx

      Delete
  2. I love the Maybelline Colour Tattoo, and I find it's always a product I'm revisiting! xx

    Emilys Beauty Thoughts

    ReplyDelete