Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Recent Purchases #4

I know I mentioned in this post that I was skint but I didn’t realise that I still had some money left over and that I would be getting money on Eid! So obviously I had to go shopping again! Though this time I actually bought the item I set out to buy (plus a few others).


I've been searching for some eyelashes that I could wear for Eid (which was about half a week ago). I really wanted some natural eyelashes that weren't too long as I wear glasses. Now, the idea of wearing eyelashes may seem stupid for me as I wear glasses, but the reason was because when I was about 8 I decided to cut half of my eyelashes off, god knows how I managed not to cut my eye. It’s not noticeable when I wear mascara but I just really could not be bothered that much to wear as much mascara as I usually do. I originally wanted Eylure Naturals Lashes in 020 or 015 but they were out of stock for a few days on the Superdrugs' website and in-store. Instead I picked up Wilkos Natural Lashes which only cost a pound! These looked super natural once worn, which is exactly what I aimed for! They feel heavy on and you can definitely feel them on, but to be fair I haven’t worn lashes in about two years so this was very likely to happen.

I also picked up Wilkos Kiss 3 in 1 Cleansing Water as my Garnier Micellar Water is close to finishing so I decided to pick up a cheaper, alternative. Fingers crossed, this will work just as good. I went past the Essence stand and got their Silky Touch Blush in 70 Kissable. This is super silky to touch, so soft and the colour is so beautiful – a beautiful mauvey-pink with some shimmers.
My local Poundland has started selling branded makeup so I bought Rimmel London Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in 57 Ravish. These usually cost £3.99 so I got it at such a bargain. The actual lip liner is twistable, which is such a time saver for me as I tend to avoid using lip liners that are blunt as I despise sharpening them. The actual colour is a marsala with reddish-brown undertones. From Superdrugs, I finally picked up an eyeshadow I've wanted in aaaages. I honestly don’t know why I kept on taking it out of my basked since it costs a measly £1. Makeup Revolution Mono Eyeshadow in Mmmm is a beautiful orange-brown hybrid, these are my favourite eyeshadows to wear as they compliment my skintone the most. The eyeshadow name is quite strange, I feel like if it had to be called Mmmm then it should be 3 m’s, not 4 otherwise it should've been given a completely different name. I picked up Natural Collection’s Blushed Cheeks Blush in Sugar Plum from Boots. I honestly hate how this stand isn’t looked after as anymore. The lights don’t work and half the products are opened/broken, which is such a shame as they do have some good bargains. This blusher is a matte mauvey-pink colour which feels super soft to touch, I only hope it lasts all day but with a price-tag of £1.99 there isn’t much to complain about.

Wilkos Natural Lashes, Wilkos Kiss 3 in 1 Cleansing Water, Essence Silky Touch Blush in 70 Kissable, Rimmel London Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in 57 Ravish, Makeup Revolution Mono Eyeshadow in Mmmm, Natural Collection’s Blushed Cheeks Blush in Sugar Plum, L’Oréal’s Colour Riche Eyeshadow in 500 Gold Mania, Stila’s In The Moment Palette, Primark Plain Fake Nails, I Love… Raspberry and Blackberry Bubble Bath and Shower Crème, Space Girl, Creamy Candy Bath, Ickle Baby Bot, Think Pink, recent purchases

My sister picked up L’Oréal’s Colour Riche Eyeshadow in 500 Gold Mania but decided it didn't suit her so she gave it to me. I'm really into bronze and gold eyeshadows right now, so this couldn't have been mine at an even perfect time. It’s a yellow-toned gold colour with some shimmers running through it; such a beautiful colour with even more beautiful packaging! I picked up Stila’s In The Moment Palette from Tkmaxx at such a bargain which I will be reviewing soon so watch out for that soon! From Primark I bought some Plain Fake Nails which I currently have on at the moment. They feel sturdy but I've only had them on for about 6 hours to be fair. They’re a grey colour with a hint of pink, but look a lot pinker against my skin colour. The day after, they started to come off and it really annoyed me so I took them all off; I definitely do not recommend these even if they do only cost a pound.

Wilkos Natural Lashes, Wilkos Kiss 3 in 1 Cleansing Water, Essence Silky Touch Blush in 70 Kissable, Rimmel London Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in 57 Ravish, Makeup Revolution Mono Eyeshadow in Mmmm, Natural Collection’s Blushed Cheeks Blush in Sugar Plum, L’Oréal’s Colour Riche Eyeshadow in 500 Gold Mania, Stila’s In The Moment Palette, Primark Plain Fake Nails, I Love… Raspberry and Blackberry Bubble Bath and Shower Crème, Space Girl, Creamy Candy Bath, Ickle Baby Bot, Think Pink, recent purchases

After finishing the mini version here, I finally bought the original bottle of I Love… Raspberry and Blackberry Bubble Bath and Shower Crème. This smells sooo good, I love the smell of berries so I was obviously going to love this. Going on with the bath item theme, I went into Lush. I've gone there a lot of times before but have never actually purchased anything. I decided to look up pictures of how Space Girl looked and brought it only because makes your bath look mega pretty. I also picked up Creamy Candy Bath which is a Bubble Bath Slice. The smell of this over-empowered my tiny, box bedroom for a week and at first it was sickly but I got used to it. Today I went Lush again and picked up their Ickle Baby Bot because it was too cute not to and Think Pink which looks soo pretty.

What have you recently bought?

Nazia xo

6 comments :

  1. I'm forever jealous of people who can walk into a shop and can only pick up 1 thing - I end up getting 294058 things every time I decide to buy something in Boots or Superdrug! Looks like you've found some really lovely bits from all over though - I love that gold eyeshadow from your sister!
    Megan x meguana.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be that person once upon a time before i discovered blogging aha xx

      Delete
  2. You picked up some lovely bits! I wish I could get used to false lashes but I'm useless and can't! I hope my Poundland stocks the lip liners too, bargain! My latest pick ups is the Revlon Photoready for dry skin foundation and I'm liking it so far, and the Natural Collection Pressed Powder. I have to admit the Natural Collection stuff does need more attention in Boots considering it's their own brand and it's so cheap but really good items if you pick right!
    Mary-Ann xx
    Angel Flicks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe i used to wear fake lashes all the time because now i just cant be asked to lol. I have the natural collection pressed powder and i looove it for my oily skin. Yes, boots should pay more attention to it as they have such good bargains and like you said its their own brand so its a bit strange that they don't look after that stand xx

      Delete
  3. This Natural Collection blush looks so pretty, I always wanted to try one :) ohh and Lush! Space Girl is such a nice bath bomb, I think I'm using it today :) x

    www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a gorgeous colour to wear and sooo soft and pretty! Ooh i'm really excited to use mine and make my bath all pretty!xx

      Delete