Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Real Techniques Brush Collection

Since wearing makeup from a young age, I've dabbled in various different ways of applying makeup; one technique was brushes which I still use now. There are various brands of brushes in the market, but one brand that stands out is Real Techniques. I’ve only started using their brushes this year and have a small collection of them.

Real Techniques Brush Collection


The first is their Blush Brush. This brush is a big, fluffy, tapered brush but it’s way too big for me to use for blush, so instead I use it to apply pressed/loose powder with. As I've got oily skin, this brush allows me to mattify my face instantly! One of my recent purchases was the Sculpting Brush. It is a wide angled brush which allows me to contour my face with ease. It’s dense so a light hand is needed, yet at the same times it’s soft so it’s easy to blend out any harsh lines with. I reviewed this brush here.

Real Techniques Brush Collection

One of my favourite brushes is the Expert Face Brush – I featured this brush here. Like the Sculpting Brush, it’s wide and soft however it’s not angled. I love using this for my foundation; it blends and buffs it so seamlessly and like a dream, making my foundation look undetectable. What I despise, however, is how long this brush takes to dry. Years seem to pass, yet it’s still wet – I really should buy a backup of this brush. The Contour Brush has many uses for me. I blend out my undereye concealer with it, or subtly contour my face with it. I like how small it is as then it’s easy to be precise with it. The Pointed Foundation Brush is one that, in my opinion, is wrongly named; if I was to use this brush to apply my foundation with, all eternity would pass before I would be finished. I like using this brush to apply my undereye concealer with. One of the smallest brushes I own is their Detailer Brush – it’s about a third of my pinky finger! I love using this to ‘clean’ my eyebrows with. Once I've filled my eyebrows in, I use this brush along with the tiniest amount of my foundation to clean under my eyebrows for any mistakes, etc. I know people use concealer to do this with, but, in my opinion, it can look super obvious and not highlighted as they want it to. The last three brushes I just mentioned are part of the Core Collection. I passed the Buffing Brush to my sister as I really didn't like that.

Real Techniques Brush Collection

I love using their Base Shadow Brush to get an instant sweep of colour across my lid. It also allows me to pack on shadow, and even blend it out! Their Brow Brush is one that I don’t use as much - reason being that I find it too thick to use on my eyebrows but then again I might just be using it wrong. I do like it for pressing shadow close to my lash line as it’s perfect for that. This brush is part of the Starter Set.

Real Techniques Brush Collection

Nic’s Picks are really aesthetically pleasing to the eyes; the monochrome colour scheme just makes them look so chic! The Duo-Fiber Face Brush is the ideal brush as it’s such a multi-tasker. I use it to sweep off excess powder from when I ‘bake’, for blusher, bronzer or just simply for loose powder. This brush is ridiculously soft compare to the other ones. The Cheek Brush is the one for blusher. It ‘dispenses’ the perfect amount of blusher so it’s so quite hard to over-do and look like a clown. This is the perfect brush size too, for my face, as it’s dense but not too dense as it’s still super soft. Another Base Shadow Brush is also included in this set. It’s a slightly smaller and denser version of the original, so it’s perfect for packing on shadow on the lid. I use the Angled Shadow Brush in my crease, to blend out any harsh lines. Like all the other brushes, it’s very soft so definitely doesn't feel scratchy. The last brush is an Eyeliner Brush which I do use for gel liner if I ever (rarely) wearing it, otherwise I use it for my eyebrows and packing on shadow close to my lash line.

Real Techniques Brush Collection

The last product I have my Real Techniques is their Miracle Complexion Sponge. It’s orange, but unfortunately mine is stained. I use this by running the sponge under the tap, allowing it to expand to double its size. I then squeeze out any excess water and then squeeze out any water again but this time with a towel. The reason I do it twice is because I have oily skin and otherwise I feel it’s too wet for my face and doesn't apply foundation properly. This blends out my foundation like a dream and has been my go-to product for so the past couple of months.

I featured these brushes here and here.

What Real Techniques do you own/would recommend?

Nazia xo

4 comments :

  1. I love RT brushes they are amazing quality!


    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep they definitely are, and the packaging is soo pretty xx

      Delete
  2. I only own a few RT brushes but love them, the blush brush is amazing! x http://www.coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete