Friday, 31 July 2015

Lip Liner Collection ♡

Since discovering lip liners last year, I've been buying a lot and have been trying to expand my collection of them.

lip liner collection, budget lip liners


My first lip liner was from the brand Essence. These retail for just £1 and are super creamy and not dry like MAC ones that drag on my lips. I have bought many Essence lip liners and never cease to dislike them. 05 Soft Berry was the first one I bought and is my all-time favourite. I've lost count of how many times I have repurchased this. It’s a deep mauve-y brown colour which is a ‘my lips but better colour’. I feel comfortable with these colours the most. 15 Honey Berry was the next one I brought. A berry colour with pink undertones, this is a colour I don’t wear as much as I should as I feel like its super bright against my skintones. 06 Satin Mauve is essentially the same as 05 Soft Berry but much lighter with lilac-y pink undertones. This colour reminds me a lot of Lime Crime’s Cashmere as it’s a perfect grey-beige hybrid. 

My sister bought Maybelline’s Moisture Extreme Longwearing Gentle Precision Lip Liner in 69 Mocha Café and didn’t like it so she gave it to me. It’s a cool tone brown colour which I like wearing under lipsticks that I want to tone/darken down a bit. I bought the next three when I went to Milton Keynes. Sleek’s Eau La La Liners are so pigmented and creamy. They last about 4-5 hours and stain your lips which is always a plus in my books. I have the shades Lingerie, which is a deep mauve-y red colour, which is very similar, if not a bit darker, to MAC’s Lip Liner Soar, and Venom, which is a deep purple colour that’s very suitable for Autumn and Winter even though I still wear it in Summer. I also purchased Natural Collection’s Lip Lines Lip Liner in Mulberry, which is a colour very close to Essence 15 Honey Berry, if not a tad pinker. These do not drag on your lips whatsoever and buildable to the preferred colour.

I recently went to London and visited the Kiko store there for the first time! The store is tiny but it does have most items in stock which is quite good. I picked up their SMART Lip Pencil in 710 Rouge Noir. This is the colour I envisioned MAC Rebel to be, a deep purple colour. I love wearing this colour as it dries matte so lasts a long time but doesn't dry out your lips. Next is Topshop’s Lip Liner in Deception which I featured here and here. This is a tad lighter than Sleek’s Venom but is a beautiful colour nonetheless. This is sooo drying on your lips but I like this as it does mean that it’ll last a long time then. The colour reminds me of MAC’s Rebel Lipstick as it’s a raspberry red colour. Lastly is Rimmel London Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in 057 Ravish which is a marsala colour with reddish-brown undertones. This looks more of a soft red colour on my lips which may be my go-to lip colour now - a nice change from Essence 06 Soft Berry which I have been wearing for half a year now.

What’s your favourite lip liner?

Nazia xo

No comments :

Post a Comment