Thursday, 16 July 2015

Foundation Brushes

Wilko's Premium Foundation Brush, EcoTools' Flat Foundation Brush, Real Techniques' Expert Face Brush, eBay's Flat Top Kabuki Brush Round Top Kabuki Brush, foundation brushes, review

When I first began wearing makeup (about the age of 9/10ish), I remember vividly using a sponge applicator to apply foundation with. The result was a very thick, cakey layer of foundation, Oh, how the times have changed for the goods. These days, there are many brands pushing out brushes that you can use to apply your foundation with. I think I have found the one brush that applies it flawlessly, but alas it has a fault too. Over time, I have accumulated five foundation brushes that I use in rotation.

The first is Wilko's Premium Foundation Brush which is a lot like a traditional foundation. What I like about this brush is that it's thick so that helps me blend my foundation out more and not leave any streaky lines. I remember seeing these brushes in Wilkinsons' for the first time and thinking that they were heavily influenced by Real Technique brushes, as shown by the colours used. This foundation brush is synthetic and has quite thick bristles, yet they are still soft and do not shed. I love how weighted this is, and the best part of this brush is the price - mere £4!

EcoTools' Flat Foundation Brush is a much smaller and thinner version of the Wilko's Premium Foundation Brush. The handle is made out of bamboo, which concerned me as I thought that it would rot maybe when I washed the brush, but that was quickly disapproved. This brush dries super fast and doesn't shed either. The bristles are quite soft too. Whilst I like this brush, I also dislike how how thin it is, as this makes it prone to leaving streak lines.

Real Techniques' Expert Face Brush is my favourite after the Wilkos' one. This is my second 'foundation' brush from Real Techniques. The first being their foundation brush, which I found to shed a lot and had very long bristles, therefore was hard to use. This brush blends my foundation seamlessly. I have found that it 'drinks' my foundation, as in the foundation is easily soaked but I don't mind this as it means that I won't apply too much foundation on. One thing that really bugs me is that this brush takes soo long to dry, nearly two whole days in the summer! Nevertheless I think that's worth it.

The last two are eBay's Flat Top Kabuki Brush and their Round Top Kabuki Brush, which are part of their eight kabuki brush set. These brushes are super soft and don't shed whatsoever! I've owned these for nearly a year now and they have yet to break/shed. These are dupes for the Sigma brushes, and personally I think that they are just as good, if better!

What are your favourite foundation brushes?

Nazia xo

9 comments :

  1. Oh, wow I didn't begin applying makeup till high school >_< I have the exact Kabuki brushes except in gold and I was amazed by their quality! Lovely post <3
    xxx
    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the reason i started wearing it then was because I had older sisters who did so I wanted to be the same lol. Yes, I was super suprised too, they're such good quality, super soft and look pretty! Thank you ♡

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brushes, brushes everywhere. There are so man choices where ever you turn, so it's always nice to find a good one. EcoTools looks great. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, ecotools work as great as they look xx

      Delete
  4. Sigma brushes are great brushes! Really long lasting and soft too <3 and I love RT brushes and Ecotools just as much!

    Celly | Asian Beauty and Makeup Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wanted to try out sigma brushes but i can't afford them on a students' budget :(, yes they're the best at the drugstore xx

      Delete
  5. I have some brushes from eBay as well. I love them! I think as long as they're synthetic they're usually just as soft and good quality as Real Techniques/other brands!

    Kat | www.kathorrocks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they definitely are, if not better xx

      Delete