Tuesday, 14 July 2015

Beauty Products | Worth The Hype?


Many beauty products are raved about and so, many people buy them. Many times they are satisfied but every so often we can be disappointed. This post will attempt to help you from those that are worth the hype and those that are duds.

Beauty Products Worth The Hype, cult beauty products, real technique brushes

Real Technique Brushes | featured here

I own two sets and various others of these brushes. They are incredibly soft to touch and makeup is applied flawlessly with them, with no streaks. They don't shed whatsoever meaning they will last a very long time. The brushes are made from Taklon bristles which are synthetic, so are 100% cruelty free. They can be washed easily and dry super quick, except for the expert face brush which seems to take a hundred years to dry.

Beauty Products Worth The Hype, cult beauty products, mac lipsticks, fresh sugar lip treatment, revlon colorburst matte balm

MAC Lipsticks | featured here, here, here

These are a cult in the beauty world, due to MAC's extensive colour and finish range. In all due honesty, I'm a bit on the fence about these. Whilst they don't last as long as they claim too, they do have a large colour range so there will definitely be a colour suited for everyone. The only matte lipstick I do own (Taupe) feels super creamy on my lips and lasts about 1-2 hours maximum, yet it dries my lips after I have removed it. Rebel, a cult lipstick colour, which is nearly always described as a dark berry is nothing like that. It's more of a raspberry purple, which disappointed me as I like my berry colours dark. The only one I am truly satisfied with is Amorous. A deep pink with purple undertones with a cremesheen finish, this is by far my favourite and it lasts 4-5 hours.

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Berry

This is a definite favourite of mine. This can be disguised as a lip gloss due to the hint of colour and it helps/soothes my chapped lips. My lips feel very smooth after using this so it definitely works! I have the mini version which is super cute.

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Sultry 

This is a beautiful pink colour on my lips, which somehow suits me. It definitely isn't matte, however it does feel mega creamy on my lips so they don't dry out whenever I use this. These smell of menthol which does put me off from using it, however the colour is so nice that I almost always use it!

Beauty Products Worth The Hype, cult beauty products, maybelline color tattoo, maybelline great lash concealer, maybelline instant age rewind concealer, benefit roller lash mascara, collection fast stroke eyeliner

Maybelline Color Tattoos | featured here, here

I own the colours Creamy Beige, Permanent Taupe, Chocolate Suede and On and On Bronze. Creamy Beige has such a je ne sais quoi about it. It's a boring colour, yet is so versatile. It can be used as a eyeshadow primer/base or just by itself. On my oily eyelids they last about 6 hours before it starts creasing, which may not seem much but it's the longest any eyeshadow has lasted on me in summer.

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara featured herehere

A lot of people are disappointed with this mascara, but I personally love this mascara. It has small wand so all of my lashes are coated evenly and quickly. This mascara lengthens my lashes, making them look naturally long which is what everyone wants, right. This mascara is super black which is my preference.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer

This concealer is considered holy grail by many, but it's yet to be for me. I do like it, as it does conceal my undereyes and doesn't crease whatsoever however it's nothing special. Also, the colour range is so ridiculously small that I don't understand how so many people find the colour for them.

Benefit Roller Lash featured herehere

This mascara is the bomb. It lengthens, curls AND thickens my lashes; all without having to use an eyelash curler. I absolutely love this. However there is one thing that annoys me, but that is partly my fault. If you do have any leftover mascara from the day before, even the smallest amount then this mascara will clump so badly.

Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner featured here

I used to use this eyeliner religiously a few years ago. Boots ran out of stock of these and I began to use Rimmel's Exaggerate Liquid Liner. I recently bought the Collection eyeliner and I detest it so much. It might just be because it's new but the actual brush is so sharp and hard that it hurts so at the moment I'm using the brush from the Rimmel with the Collection eyeliner.

Beauty Products Worth The Hype, cult beauty products, urban decay long lasting all nighter makeup setting spray, mac fix plus, garnier micella cleansing water

Urban Decay Long-Lasting All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray | featured here

My makeup lasts all day with this. It used to be melted by midday but now it'll last until I decide to take it off. I spray it before I apply my foundation, so sandwiched between my foundation and primer, and after I've done my makeup. This is a saviour for all oily-skinned girls!

MAC Fix Plus

I still don't like this to set my makeup with or refresh it. However, when I do get a dry patch on my face (which is rare) I use this and it helps it so much. My foundation doesn't apply patchy to the area after.

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water | featured here

I use this to remove my makeup with and it does what it's supposed to. However I do have to use about 5 cotton pads which sucks. This cleans and cleanses my skin of any makeup and doesn't leave any sticky residue!

What raved-about beauty products do you think are worth it?

Nazia xo

4 comments :

  1. I love the RT brushes and the maybelline colour tattoo's!!
    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! They are such good quality for their prices!xx

      Delete
  2. Deffo cannot go wrong with a MAC lipstick! Great post x
    Claire | www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I do love their colour range, their formula not-so-much xx

      Delete