Friday, 29 May 2015

Recent Purchases #2

I have been on a blogging hiatus for the past month or so; reason being I had no motivation to write any posts but mainly because my laptop stopped working. Nevertheless I'm back!

Since I've been away I've been haulin'.

Superdrug De-Stressing Aloe Vera Mud Mask, Boots Essentials Cucumber 3 Minute Clay Mask, Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink, Maybelline Matte Maker Mattifying Powder, Makeup Revolution Radiant Lights in Glow and Breathe, Superdrug De-Stressing Aloe Vera Mud Mask review, Boots Essentials Cucumber 3 Minute Clay Mask review, Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink review, Maybelline Matte Maker Mattifying Powder review, Makeup Revolution Radiant Lights in Glow and Breathe review, beauty, beauty blogger, perks of being nazia

I bought some face masks: Superdrug De-Stressing Aloe Vera Mud Mask and their Purifying Witch Hazel Mud Mask as I seriously need to up my face mask game. I haven't worn any in a few months and I felt as if my skin was showing this. I bought these (and my next purchase) because of Minara Hadiyah's recommendations (Little London Blogger). She is so down-to-earth and you can really feel her personality shine through her videos! I also bought the Boots Essentials Cucumber 3 Minute Clay Mask which I use in the morning now as it is super quick to use compared to the formers which take about 10-15 minutes to dry.

The Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink is such a beautiful, shimmery pink blusher. I'm not one for pink blushers, but this one seems to compliment my skin. Plus, it works as a highlighter too which is a win-win situation for me. SIDENOTE: I buy all my American products from beautyjoint, where the items are super cheap, and post and packaging is based on the weight of the item. Plus, there is no customs charge either as they don't write the value on the parcel, so no nasty extra charges! Maybelline Matte Maker Mattifying Powder in Classic Ivory is one I bought as I have oily skin. I apply this with a Real Techniques Blush brush so it doesn't look caked on whatsoever as those brushes are super soft. Makeup Revolution is brand which has blown up in the Blogosphere and I just had to buy their Radiant Lights in Glow and Breathe. I was planning on the buying the palette as the palette itself is £8, whereas they individually cost £5 each. However (for some unknown reason) Superdrug had these for £1.92 each so I saved just over £8! I think there was a glitch on the website, but nevertheless I took advantage of it. The offer is still on so I recommend you all to take advantage of it as this is a steal! These are supposed dupes of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders. Glow is a beautiful golden colour which can be used as a highlight, whereas Breathe is a subtle champagne colour which would look so beautiful dusted all over the face as it is so subtle that it can be used as a normal setting/face powder.

  Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner in Black, Makeup Revolution Amazing Volume Mascara in Black, L'Oreal Lumi Magique Highlighter Pen, Primark Stippling Brush, Real Techniques Sculpting Brush, Makeup Revolution I Heart Makeup No Shine Please Primer, Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner in Black review, Makeup Revolution Amazing Volume Mascara in Black review, L'Oreal Lumi Magique Highlighter Pen review, Primark Stippling Brush review, Real Techniques Sculpting Brush review, Makeup Revolution I Heart Makeup No Shine Please Primer review, beauty, beauty blogger, perks of being nazia

My liquid eyeliner sadly ran out recently so I bought the Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner in Black. I used to use this religiously, until my local Boots ran out of this so I was forced to buy Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Liner which is such a god-send. I use these two interchangeably but the Collection liner is cheaper by a few pounds. Makeup Revolution Amazing Volume Mascara in Black has quickly become my holy grail mascara, plus it's cheap as chips, so what's not to love. I won't speak anymore of this as a review will be up soon ;) One item I am excited to try out is the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Highlighter Pen. The consistency is quite thin so I'm looking forward to see how it matches up. This is also another supposed dupe of the YSL Touche Eclat Mascara which is double the price.

I remember seeing the Primark Stippling Brush on Onika Beauty's Instagram a few months ago, and since it costs a mere £1.50 I picked one up. I use it to apply my highlighter and even thought I have only washed it once, it has yet to shed. Real Techniques brushes are a product that are raved about a lot in the bloggopshere. Their bold metals brush collection were, too some, a bit too expensive considering that one of them costs £22 yet in the 'normal' collection a brush could be bought for just under £8. Just last month, they released their Sculpting Brush and then later released this in a set with limited edition metallic packaging. Then just last week (or perhaps the week before), Superdrug sold the sculpting set for just £13.99, which was a bargain compared to their usual price of £20.99. My sister picked up the set and I bought this brush from her for just under £5! SIDENOTE: Boots charged upto £2 more on some items, when compared to the prices on Superdrugs (including the price on these Real Technique Brushes which can over time build up and become quite expensive, infact). The last item I picked up was also another bargain - Superdrug really need to double check the prices on their items. I picked up the Makeup Revolution I Heart Makeup No Shine Please Primer for only £1.91 compared to the usual price of £4.99. This seems comparable to my Maybelline Baby Skin as it is a silicone based primer which I like due to my open pores.

Nazia xo

4 comments :

  1. I'd love love love to try the Makeup Revolutiom Radiant Lights and the Loreal Lumi Magique Pen, both look like amazing products! Xx

    riitamacedo.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the little tip on the Boots and Superdrug prices! xx

    Emilys Beauty Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouuu those highlighters look gorgeous!! Gotta go have a sneak peak heheh :)

    Dorky-and-weird.blogspot.com

    Xoxo Jessy

    ReplyDelete