Thursday, 2 April 2015

Recent Purchases #1

I bought all these items over three months so I don't feel as bad for spending this much money.

The first item I bought was the Real Techniques Nic's Picks Limited Edition Set (£29.99). They were on sale for £19.99 so I save a tenner which was great deal as then it was about £4 per brush. In the set is an angled shadow brush and a base shadow brush, which I use in rotation to sweep some eyeshadow across my lid, an eyeliner brush, which I use for apply minimum concealer on my face as I don't wear gel eyeliner, a duo-fibre face brush, which I use to contour with, and a cheek brush, which is obviously for blusher. These brushes are ridiculously soft even after washing them and don't shed at all which is a plus. I also got the Real Techniques Blush Brush (£9.99) and Expert Face Brush (£8.99). I bought the Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush from my sister as unfortunately Real Techniques doesn't sell this one individually. 

I also bought Wilkos Stipple Brush (£4.00) which is so soft and I use it for highlighting. The one I have says 'foundation brush' on it even though it is definitely a stipple brush and the other ones sold in Wilkinsons say 'stipple brush' on it too. This doesn't shed after washing either and is just as soft after too. EcoTools is a brand I have never bought from before and will definitely purchase from in the future! EcoTools Flat Foundation Brush (£7.99) is honestly such a good brush and is super soft. I had to use this brush with my foundation alone this morning as my beauty blender was still wet and this brush blended my foundation so well. The last two brushes were from eBay; they were MAC 217 and MAC 239 dupes (both 99p)and they are ridiculously soft. I was hesitant to use the 217 dupe as it looked as if it would be scratchy but it's actually not which was a pleasant surprise!


Next is the Argan Oil Hydrating Hair Mask (£1.00) which has transformed my hair so much; paired with the Scwarzkopf Got2b Oil-licious Tame and Shine Styling Oil (£4.19), my hair is no longer as dry and brittle as it used to be. I picked up Superdrug's The Little Soothing Tin (currently 99p, but usually £1.49) which moisturises my lips, preventing them from becoming chapped. Makeup Revolution Antibacterial Brush Cleaner (£5) has a unique smell which I like but it does linger on the brushes. It definitely does clean my brushes so fast and they dry within 10 minutes. I also picked up Nivea's Daily Essentials Hydration Primer for Normal/Combination Skin (currently for £3.32, but usually £4.99) which I'm yet to try but can't wait to.


I bought two MAC lipsticks from a lovely girl on Depop: Up The Amp and Craving (£15.50 each) and I'm still trying to convince myself that the former suits me. Sleek Face Countour Kit in Medium (£6.49) is one I picked up and having been using everyday since. I pair this with the Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Face Brush. Primark P.S. Love Kabuki Brush (£2.50) has very quickly become one of my favourite brushes. I use this to apply powder all over my face to set my foundation as I have oily/combination skin. The best part about this product is that it doesn't even shed after washing which is sometimes a problem with cheap brushes. Topshop Highlighter in Horizon (£10.00) is such a beautiful highlighter. I use this with the Wilkos Stipple Brush and sweep this slightly above my cheekbones. This highlighter is golden so matches my skin perfectly. I Heart Makeup Eye Primer in Matte (currently £2.99, but usually £4.99) is one you only need the tiniest amount of, as a little goes a long way. Primark P.S. Love Brow Pencil in Dark (£1.00) is a good budget brow pencil. It is very pigmented but is very dark, almost black. Makeup Revolution Amazing Curl Mascara in Black (£2.00) definitely does curl your lashes but doesn't lengthen or thicken them so this mascara is good for on those days you want naturally-curled lashes.

What are some of your recent purchases?

Nazia xo

No comments :

Post a Comment