Friday, 10 April 2015

Hair Savers


Back in Year 7/8 I had quite thick and nourished hair until I discovered straighteners in Year 9 and began to straighten the hell out of my hair. Since my hair is super thick and curly, it takes it quite a while to straighten my hair, so before I knew it I was burning my hair and damaging it.

Fast-forward to now, where I still have thick and curly hair but it's extremely damaged and dry. Through trial-and-error, I have found a few items which have helped my hair out a lot. Coconut oil (which I stupidly forgot to photograph, oops) is a god-send! One of my sisters used to apply this to her hair and then wash it a few hours later. I never got why she did this, til I asked my mum who told this benefits your hair. Since then, every Sunday now I put coconut oil onto my scalp as soon as I wake up and then I leave it in there for a good 4-5 hours. I give it a good rinse after, shampoo my hair twice and hair feels good as new (if only).

Another product, which is a literal hair-saver, is my Argon Oil Hair Mask, which I get from my chemist for a pound, but Poundland stock this too now! This hair mask is super thick than what I'm used to. I apply this to my hair after I've shampooed it and my hair is left oh so soft and smells lush too. I have stopped using conditioner again too so I don't know if that's helping my hair too.

I have a love-hate relationship with Schwarzkopf Got2Be Tame and Shine Styling Oil. Whilst it does make sure my hair isn't frizzy (which is a mega benefit as my hair naturally is quite frizzy), it has a slight smell to it which I don't like. It smells sweet, but too sweet for my liking but I've gotten used to it now so it doesn't bother me as much now. I use this after I've washed my hair and it halves the washing time and also just before I straighten my hair. One thing though, don't apply this to the top of your hair, only the tips of it. I did the former and my hair looked greasy. Applying it to the tips helps my hair look healthy and shiny, but not at all greasy.

Nazia xo

No comments :

Post a Comment