Friday, 6 March 2015

Top Drugstore Foundations


Today I thought I'd tell you my favourite drugstore foundations (in reality, I only own drugstore foundations). I explained in this post about choosing foundations, applications and primers.  Personally I prefer my foundations to last an average college day which is about 8 hours and I would want it to look skin-like and not make my face shiny.

The one I bought recently from these is Rimmel Match Perfection. This is super liquid-y and is so messy to use as I found out  when I sometimes spill it on myself. It has medium coverage but is easily buildable and evens out my skin tone. Using this I have found that my face doesn't become as oily as it used to.

Maybelline Fit Me is one I've been using for over a year now. It has medium coverage and gives a natural, dewy look. Having oily skin means that I do have to mattify with powder but I do that for all foundations. This lasts all day and is so easy to blend out. It does have SPF18 so my skin isn't damaged by the sun but this does mean, however, that you can get flashback in photos.

Max Factor Facefnity is one I bought mainly because my sister uses it and I really wanted to try it out. It claims to be a primer, concealer and foundation all in one. I still use a primer with this (as I do with all foundations) so I can't verify how long it lasts on it own but it does give high coverage that is not cakey and looks absolutely natural. It mattifies my face too which is a plus for me but does contain SPF20 which has its ups and downs.

Nazia xo

8 comments :

  1. I absolutely love the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation! The Max Factor one sounds amazing and I'll definitely have to try it out! x

    Beyond The Velvet | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you do try them out!xx

      Delete
  2. Hey, I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award, details are on my post here: Rated In Beauty
    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always use clinique foundation but I'm tempted to buy a cheap foundation only for those days you want to do your makeup but you know you're going to wear it for just a little bit. rimmel foundation it's on my list but I don't know sometimes I read bad reviews. Thanks for sharing
    x,Abril
    ps. Two lovely bloggers and I are hosting a pinterest party! Add your link and we will pin it!
    It is a great way to promote your blog and meet new bloggers. W would love you to join us.

    http://the-colorpalette.blogspot.com/2015/03/pinterest-party-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should buy a drugstore foundation because even if it doesn't work for you then you wouldn't have wasted much money xx

      Delete
  4. I love rimmel foundations, especially the wake me up one but these look amazing too x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the rimmel wake me up foundation too dewy for my liking so I only use it on days when I want super light coverage xx

      Delete