Sunday, 11 January 2015

Makeup Revolution The Matte Effect Foundation Review


I recently picked Makeup Revolution The Matte Effect Foundation after seeing it in someone's favourites post. With it only costing £2 I was curious to see whether it truly did live up to its name. The fact that it costs only £2 for 25ml makes it budget friendly as this foundation is super, super cheap.

First things first, I have combination skin where I have an extremely oily T-Zone. This foundation reduced the 'oiliness' by a lot where I only had to set my foundation with powder only once! My T-Zone became a bit oily near the end of the day, but it was nothing compared to how it usually is. This foundations claims to last up to 16 hours, however I'd say it lasted about 6 hours for me, but then again it does say up to 16 hours, which doesn't mean that it'd last for 16 hours. 

Also this foundation can only be used for super light coverage so it does look natural on your skin, but it doesn't hide any imperfections or flaws. I tried layering it on to make the coverage slightly thicker but then it just looked caked on.

The colour I got was Sand which is a tad lighter than my skin tone, but can be buffed to look natural on me; a shade up was too dark so I'm disappointed by the colour range. I hope they bring out more colours soon. I also don't really like how you have to squeeze out the foundation as I feel that there'd still be foundation left over and wasted but that's just personal preference.


Nazia xo

1 comment :

  1. Hey! I love your blog so have nominated you for the Liebster Award. The post is on my blog here http://lucierebekahh.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/liebster-award.html with the rules if you want to take part :) xx

    ReplyDelete