Sunday, 25 January 2015

MAC Rebel *REVIEW*

This is the only MAC item I own (if you don't count mascara samples aha).

mac rebel lipstick, mac, mac rebel lipstick, swatch, mac rebel, mac rebel swatch, rebel switch, mac

I was so excited for this to arrive and, I really don't know why, as I was disappointed when it did. It doesn't feel 'expensive' nor anything special to be honest. In all true reality, I honestly don't see anything special about MAC lipsticks except that they cost hell of a lot more than regular lipsticks. I've noticed that they have gone up quite a lot in the recent years, which is super sucky.

Anywhos, this is a berry lipsticks leaning more towards the pink side than the purple. I was hoping it'd be more purple but I'm fine with it and don't mind wearing it so that's fine. The lipstick itself is pigmented and lasts for about 3-4 hours with or without lipliner. It is super creamy but this may be due to the satin finish. I'd say it's a semi-matte finish rather than a satin and this is a bonus as I love matte finishes.
mac rebel lipstick, mac, mac rebel lipstick, swatch, mac rebel, mac rebel swatch, rebel switch, mac

The bullet itself is quite small but is sturdy which is beneficial when you want to throw your lipstick in your bag but don't want it to break or go on everything.
mac rebel lipstick, mac, mac rebel lipstick, swatch, mac rebel, mac rebel swatch, rebel switch, mac

Overall though I wouldn't want to spend more than £10 (ish) on a MAC lipstick and it is not really worth the money, I'd say, but the colour is lovely.

Nazia xo

2 comments :

  1. I bought a MAC lipstick over the weekend in the shade Myth which is a nude. I wish I'd tried a cheaper nude before splashing out on Myth as I now know that a nude shade is quite hard to master with quite naturally pigmented lips! xx

    www.emilysbeautythoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same I have medium to dark skin and my lips are already pigmented so it makes it soo hard to find a perfect nude xx

      Delete