Saturday, 27 December 2014

Rimmel Wake Me Up v Match Perfection


I recently bought both these foundations and have been wearing both on a daily basis.

Rimmel Wake Me Up costs £8.99 and is supposed used to 'visually reawaken and illuminate skin with a radiant glow and a flawless natural-looking finish.' It is supposed to have an instant anti-fatigue effect also. I sleep 4-5 hours per night, mostly because I find it hard to sleep and am sometimes tired so this would seem the perfect foundation. However, upon a closer look you'll find that the foundation has little shimmer bits in it so if you were to wear more than one layer, you may end up looking like a glitterball so definitely not a 'natural-looking finish'. I have an oily t-zone and found this to last only 2-3 hours. Overall I wouldn't really recommend this foundation.

Rimmel Match Perfection, on the other hand, costs £6.99. Why both these foundations have different prices, even though containing the same amount, I really don't know. This supposed gives 'perfectly flawless skin under any light' and 'lasts all day'. This is true compared to the first foundation. This foundation lasts a lot longer than my previous foundations (5-6 hours). It does have a very thin consistency, almost water-like so it does tend to 'drip' on your face so you have to work with it quickly unless you'd want foundation on your top (which has happened to me a-many time). I would definitely recommend this foundation if you have oily skin as it does make your skin look flawless.

One thing I really didn't like about both foundations was the smell. Both smell cheap and this is quite strong. I ignored this smell and once the foundations were applied to your skin, you can barely smell it.

Nazia xo 

5 comments :

  1. I would love to try these foundations, but unfortunatly Rimmel doesn't do my shade. I hate it when foundations/make-up have scents, which is a reason I love Clinique. Lovely post, if Rimmel were to do my colour, I would definitely go for the Match Perfection foundation xx

    www.emilysbeautythoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like it when foundations have limited colour range either; it's so hard to find a match then. Oooh I've been meaning to try out a Clinique foundation x

      Delete
  2. i've been using rimmels match perfection and although i do like its finish, sometimes it leaves my skin a bit patchy which is really annoying! i do prefer it over the wake me up foundation though! :)

    xx angela | the sunday chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never found the match perfection foundation patchy but I did find it a bit too think for my liking, even still I prefer it over the wake me up foundation too x

      Delete
  3. Much prefer Match perfection because of the shade range. Even in the lightest shade, the Wake me just makes me look orange. For me i prefer wake me up in the summer. I much prefer bare minerals and Clinique for my shade at the moment.

    If you don't like the smell don't go for the Mac studio fix, it basically smells like paint stripper.

    http://itslaurensbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete