Monday, 20 October 2014

Autumnal Lip Products and Swatches

It's finally autumn; the days are getting darker and I finally have a reason to wear dark lips (not that it's stopping me any other time of the year).


I thought I'd show you my top 5 picks for autumn, I've been loving these a lot lately. I have previously done a lip product collection here and here.

First off is MUA Matte Lipstick in Wild Berry, it's a rich berry colour however comes out as a slightly dark purple on your lips. I layer it on so it goes on a bit darker but that's just my preference. It is matte and feels super creamy on the lips and only costs a £1 which an absolute bargain. Next on my list is the shade 30 by Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate Moss (£5.49), it smells lush and is a deep red purple colour. It is supposed a MAC Rebel dupe but I'm not certain of this as I'm yet to own that MAC lipstick. This colour is my absolute favourite and I haven't stopped wearing it since I bought it! Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede in 035 Backstage (£8.99) is a dark berry colour. It has a few shimmers in it, but they can't be seen much. It's staying power is absolutely fabulous as it lasts a long time and it doesn't bleed unlike other lipsticks I own. Fourth on my list is NYC Twistable Lip Color in 031 Gramercy Park Plum (£3.49). It lasts a long time but does tend to fade after 5-6 hours. It is a deep purple colour and applies as sheer, but like many other lipsticks can be applied to make it look heavier. Lastly I have a Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain in 005 Crush (£7.99). This is another purple colour. It applies unevenly and does tends to cling to dry parts to your lips. My only criticism of this product is that it has a minty smell to it, that prevents me from wearing it usually.

Left to right: Revlon in Crush, NYC in Gramercy Park Plum,
Revlon in Backstage, Shade 30 by Rimmel London
and MUA's Wild Berry
Nazia xo

No comments :

Post a Comment