Saturday, 30 August 2014

August favourites

 (Left to right: Gosh velvet touch foundation primer classic; Rimmel professional eyebrow pencil; Body Shop born lippy pink berry lip balm; MUA eyeshadow palette in undressed; Rimmel lasting finish by Kate Moss in shade 30)


Gosh velvet touch foundation primer classic: This is a staple item for me. I have combination skin and this is the only primer that works for me. I can literally be sweating and my makeup will stay on no matter what. I have found that a little goes a long way and so, this has lasted me quite a while. Price: £7.99

Rimmel professional eyebrow pencil: I picked this item out a few months ago, mostly because I needed a cheap alternative to my mac brow pencil. I wasn't expecting it to be all that to be honest, but I was proven wrong. This pencil can be used to make your eyebrows harsh or if you use it softly at the beginning of your eyebrows, it looks really good. It stays all day, however when the sun does occasionally come out and temperature soars, this does tend to 'melt' slightly and you end up with eyebrows that are shiny and on the verge of disappearing. Price: £2.99

Body Shop born lippy pink berry lip balm: I recently visited Birmingham and went to Bullring shopping centre which I suggest to all of you, it's a shopaholics' heaven. I went to a Body Shop there for the first time and bought this. I usually don't like lip balm because they usually have a weird smell or taste to it, but this one has a berry smell to it which is nice and also it comes on clear. It doesn't become sticky like other ones do, but keeps your lips moisturising. I do find, however, that I feel the need to top it up occasionally. Plus, the packaging is super cute too. Price: £3

 MUA eyeshadow palette in undressed: MUA is such a good brand; for such a low price, you get good quality items. This item was not bought by me, however was given to me by my sister. I love this palette and it is versatile as it can be used for everyday use. This is a dupe for Urban Decay Naked, but this I am unsure of as I don't own any of the Naked palettes. I used shade 5 across my lid, shade 8  in my crease and sometimes shade 12 in the outer corner of my eyes. All in all, I highly recommend this palette. Price: £4






Rimmel lasting finish by Kate Moss in Shade 30: I bought this lipstick on a whim and wasn't expecting for its quality to be good to be honest. The minimal packaging attracted me to it. The colour is a deep purple with a red accent. I've been wearing this literally every day and it stays on your lips for 2-3 hours so you do have to reapply it continuously throughout the day. It also does stain your lips and does tend to 'leak' throughout the day if you're hot. Overall. this lipstick is good for its price and colour only. Price: £5.49

This is the first time I have ever done an August Favourites and also a review on products. I hope it was good. Feel free to comment below. Nazia x 

No comments :

Post a Comment